Handle upgrade for Luna 300L

Started by Habanos, October 09, 2011, 04:35:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Habanos

Hi Folks,
Just new to this forum after buying a TD Luna 301 and I'm having a heck of a time trying to get anyone to confirm which aftermarket handle/knob will fit this reel.  I'm thinking of something from Bassart or ZPI would be nice except they list all the compatable JDM models and no Luna.  I understand the Luna is a N. America model only.  Does anyone know which JDM model is compatable with the TD Luna 301 handle ?

Any info is greatly appreciated.  So far I've had replies from Thailand, Brooklyn, and Japan, and no one knows.  Help !

Thanks Mike

kamuwela

ive never seen one. being a holiday weekend i bet the master is with his family. if anybody know's im sure it would be him. alan will get back to you soon im sure, good luck.

alantani

yeah, had a full weekend with my daughter's marching band.  friday night was a football game and saturday was a marching band competition.  

i was able to find a TD (team daiwa) luna 300 L (lefty) but did not find a 301.  that would be the number designation normally given to left handed reel.  the dimensions of the drive shaft (mm x mm) and the thickness would help.  it is probably a standard size.  they are not easy reels to work on.  http://www.daiwa.com/reel/detail.aspx?id=11

send me an email at alantani@yahoo.com for questions!

Clem

Hi Mike,

I have a 253 with a ZPI/Bassart handle, I will check the dims of the shaft so you can compare with your 301..

Habanos

Thanks for the prompt replys and info Alan, Clem.  My bad on reporting the reel as a 301 it is a 300 L.
I'm getting mixed up with the Calcutta designation for lefty models. 
Really appreciate you checking this out for me Clem.  My reel is currently at the other "Mike's repairshop for bearing and drag upgrades.  I can check dimensions when I get it back.

Mike

Clem

Hi Mike,

A few pics for you..The shaft on my 253 is 8mm x 5mm

Hope that helps...

Habanos

Good pics, 90 mm ?  Would you remember the model # of the handle, they make a few.

Mike

Clem

Hi Mike,

I used the 90mm option - with this knob, comes complete with spacers, bearings etc - there are lots of options though