Shimano Sahara drag washers

Started by Hogginhank, October 10, 2011, 09:45:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hogginhank

I looked at the Smoothdrag list of drag washer dimensions but I'm not sure which ones I should order? I put the caliper to the drag washer from my Shimano Sahara 2500 and it was just barely over 4mm(ID) 17.78mm(OD) and that was taken tight inside the spool. I got about 0.90mm to 0.92mm for the thickness. I'm guessing that I can go a little bigger on the ID and a little smaller on the OD?? Is this right?? Any info or bias on some new carbon fiber drag washers would be great. I need about 8 of these for my bass fishing reels. Thanks in advance..Hank

alantani

here's a list of penn drag washers.  http://alantani.com/index.php?topic=21.0  i'll bet the #6-155 will fit.  if you'd like, send me a pm with your address and i can send a set out to you.  alan
send me an email at alantani@yahoo.com for questions!

Hogginhank

Quote from: alantani on October 11, 2011, 05:57:35 AM
here's a list of penn drag washers.  http://alantani.com/index.php?topic=21.0  i'll bet the #6-155 will fit.  if you'd like, send me a pm with your address and i can send a set out to you.  alan

Thanks Alan. I did have a couple questions about the ID and OD of the washers.
ID - Will the 10.65 ID have any issues since the ID is around 4mm (+ / - ).. I would think not but your thoughts on this would be great to hear.

The OD of the drag washer I measured was approx what I listed and the one you mentioned has a 17.92. I think I measured the OD of the spool and it was in the neighborhood of 17.91 to .92. If that washer is too big OD I can just sand some of it down to fit right? I thought I read a post you put up about grinding them down to fit. Anyways those are the 2 questions I was going to post up after finding that list but I was going to wait for a reply before I asked them. Thanks for the info. I will decide tomorrow and let you know what I need. I am waiting on Dawn at smoothdrag to get back with me on a few older reels that I need washers for that I didn't have any dimensions on. I can't wait to get the TLD 15 drag washers from you so I can finish those 2 reels up and get them on some rods. :) Thanks again for your reply..Adios' for now..Hank

alantani

you should be fine with the penn washers.  i've used them plenty of times. 
send me an email at alantani@yahoo.com for questions!

george.s

the saragosa washers should fit ok. I have used them in my kids 2500 sedona.they will be slightly smaller o.d.but will work ok.

Hogginhank

Quote from: alantani on October 11, 2011, 07:09:39 AM
you should be fine with the penn washers.  i've used them plenty of times. 

Sounds good. I will figure out what I need and match it up to your list and shoot you an e-mail with the drag washer numbers and have you send me some. Thanks again Alan.