Main Menu

Hello

Started by dgspec, October 14, 2011, 11:03:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

dgspec

Hi everyone,

my name is Dirk, 55 years old, living near Frankfurt/Main in Germany.
I am fishing since the age of 10 (95% fresh water), like rod building, fly-tying and - as you can see on my avatar - I love dogs :)
I've found this great site looking for schematics and decided to enter.
Please excuse that my avatar is not my fullface pic, but you see my knee and underarm ;)
Instead it shows my dog Olga - believe me - she is much more prettier than me.
Sorry for my poor english language skills.

"a life without a dog is a fallacy" c.zuckmayer

Norcal Pescador

Welcome to the site, Dirk. Saltwater or freshwater, it's all good! :)  Oh, yes. Nice knees! :D :D
Rob from Northern California, USA.
Rob

Measure once, cut twice. Or is it the other way around? ::)

"A good man knows his limits." - Inspector Harry Callahan, SFPD

Steve-O

Welcome aboard, Dirk! no worries about the english skills. We have the same issue, too. As you can see by my avatar, I love fish! lol! just kidding... Our family just adopted a retired racing greyhound , Grace, who is a wonderful addition to the family.

Loads of useful information on reels, rods, and all things angling. Would love to hear about what fish species you target in Germany and Europe.

Enjoy and again, Wilkommen!

Steve-o

Nessie Hunter

Welcome aboard Dirk....     :D
"Life is not a journey to the grave with the intentions of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body. But rather to slide in sideways, thoroughly used up, totally worn out and loudly proclaiming....
WOW!!! WHAT A RIDE!

Dominick

Hello Dirk:  Welcome to the site.  I might change my Avatar to my dog Cleo.  She's a Portugese Water Dog.  The president of the US saw Cleo and he had to have one also ;D.  Dominick
Leave the gun.  Take the cannolis.

There are two things I don't like about fishing.  Getting up early in the morning and boats.  The rest of it is fun.

kamuwela

aloha dirk and welcome aboard.

Alto Mare

Willkommen an bord!
Nice to have you with us. Sal
Forget about all the reasons why something may not work. You only need to find one good reason why it will.

Dominick

There you go Dirk.  You don't have to worry about your English, Sal is bi-lingual ;D.  Dominick
Leave the gun.  Take the cannolis.

There are two things I don't like about fishing.  Getting up early in the morning and boats.  The rest of it is fun.

alantani

send me an email at alantani@yahoo.com for questions!

redsetta

Welcome aboard from New Zealand Dirk.
All the best, Justin
Fortitudine vincimus - By endurance we conquer

Bryan Young

Welcome Dirk,

Too bad you didn't join earlier.  I just returned from Germany.  I was working in Chemnitz then stayed in Franfurt area with friends as I used to live in Sachsenhausen off of Elizabethan Strasse, and was thinking of moving to Weisbaden.  Would have enjoyed meeting you and talking shop.

Hope you enjoy it here, and not to worry about the language.  We all come from different parts of the world and people have issues with my English and I grew up in the United States.

Bryan
:D I talk with every part I send out and each reel I repair so that they perform at the top of their game. :D

dgspec

Quote from: Bryan Young on October 25, 2011, 08:47:58 AM
Welcome Dirk,

Too bad you didn't join earlier.  I just returned from Germany.  I was working in Chemnitz then stayed in Franfurt area with friends as I used to live in Sachsenhausen off of Elizabethan Strasse,

Hi Bryan - wow - just 8 miles bee-line to my homedoor - the world is soo small nowadays.

@) all

thank you all for your warm welcomes
"a life without a dog is a fallacy" c.zuckmayer

Bryan Young

Hi Dirk,

I'll let you know when I'll be out there next time. I may need to fly out and visit Chemnitz again next year if the economy continues to move forward.

Bryan
:D I talk with every part I send out and each reel I repair so that they perform at the top of their game. :D

coastalobsession

Welcome aboard!!!!
Coastal Obsession Deckhand and reel cleaning