replacement spool crosspins for progears and other reels

Started by alantani, March 19, 2009, 04:24:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

alantani

QuoteHi Alan, while replacing the cross pin securing the right spool bearing the pin broke. I checked nearby Ken's (he's really swamped right now) not sure if he can find one, Sav on Tackle, and Mark Mayo....no luck yet. Do you have any spare pins or whole spools for a 282 available?  Thanks, Tom

i do not have extras, but i do have some stainless steel welding rod stock in different sizes. what you'd do is cut a 3 inch section of welding rod and put it in a drill bit. then you'd spin it, hold a file against the rod to "mill" it down until the diameter is just right, then cut it down and round off the ends. chances are a welding shop might even have a stainless steel welding rod that might fit perfectly. i'll bet that's what they used to make these pins. alan

send me an email at alantani@yahoo.com for questions!

alantani

Quote from: alantani on March 19, 2009, 04:24:24 PM
QuoteHi Alan, while replacing the cross pin securing the right spool bearing the pin broke. I checked nearby Ken's (he's really swamped right now) not sure if he can find one, Sav on Tackle, and Mark Mayo....no luck yet. Do you have any spare pins or whole spools for a 282 available?  Thanks, Tom

i do not have extras, but i do have some stainless steel welding rod stock in different sizes. what you'd do is cut a 3 inch section of welding rod and put it in a drill bit. then you'd spin it, hold a file against the rod to "mill" it down until the diameter is just right, then cut it down and round off the ends. chances are a welding shop might even have a stainless steel welding rod that might fit perfectly. i'll bet that's what they used to make these pins. alan

send me an email at alantani@yahoo.com for questions!