Stress Free Fishing

Started by Newell Nut, May 17, 2019, 09:59:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Newell Nut

A few pics from yesterday and Tuesday. I have had a lot of fun with Sal's modified 6/0 on my stub 80 rod. We also caught some heavy weight on our spinners casting a Viking Jig from S&G tackle in Staten Island but they have stopped production of them.
Dwight

Benni3

Big fish,,,,,big fight,,,,looks like a very fun trip,,,,, ;D

mo65

~YOU CAN TUNA GEETAR...BUT YOU CAN'T TUNA FEESH~

mhc

Looking good Dwight, you're living the dream.
It can't be too difficult - a lot of people do it.

Keta

Hi, my name is Lee and I have a fishing gear problem.

I have all of the answers, yup, no, maybe.

A man who carries a cat by the tail learns something he can learn in no other way.
Mark Twain

Newell Nut

Thanks guys, definitely living the dream. We named the boat Stress Free for a reason and plan to fish that way. Fish hard but no stress. Tired as heck but no stress.

Dwight

Fishy247

Very cool. Looks like a fun day out there!

Reel 224

Stress-Free and carefree. Good fishing trip and good sized fish!

Joe/Off The Hook Rod & Reel
"I don't know the key to success,but the key to failure is trying to please everyone."

foakes

Impressive!

Thanks for sharing with us, Dwight —

Best,

Fred
The Official, Un-Authorized Service and Restoration Center for quality vintage spinning reels.

D-A-M Quick, Penn, Mitchell, and ABU/Zebco Cardinals

--------

The first rule of fishing is to fish where the fish are. The second rule of fishing is to never forget the first rule.

"Enjoy the little things in Life — For someday, you may look back — and realize that they were the big things"
                                                     Fred O.

Hardy Boy

Nice Job !! I need to get into some of those Amber Jacks one of these days !!

Todd
Todd

Vintage Offshore Tackle

Congratulations Dwight!  Catching fish is great, but running your own boat and finding them adds a whole dimension to it and increases the satisfaction geometrically.

We hope to see many more good reports soon!

Crow

Looks like a lot of fun !!
There's nothing wrong with a few "F's" on your record....Food, Fun, Flowers, Fishing, Friends, and Fun....to name just a few !

conchydong

Nice. What do you do with the Crevalles? Smoke them?
Looks like a decent Scamp in the mix also. One of the best eating fish in the ocean IMO.

Scott

Newell Nut

Quote from: conchydong on May 17, 2019, 05:52:40 PM
Nice. What do you do with the Crevalles? Smoke them?
Looks like a decent Scamp in the mix also. One of the best eating fish in the ocean IMO.

Scott

Correct on the scamp. My partner took his home to smoke. I cut the filet into small steaks and cook it in a skillet with olive oil and blackened redfish seasoning. Taste great. My buddy that caught the scamp said it taste like steak to him. I have some nice friends from the Cape Verde Islands on a fixed income and I gave two of them to them and they are really happy to get them. They eat all fish and nearly every bit of it too. People that only eat the flaky white meat fish would not like the Crevalles. Depends on where you are from I guess. Heading back out Monday. One rule on our boat is to not fish on weekends. Ramps and ocean get real crowded on weekends. Too Stressful. ;D

Dwight

Alto Mare

Excellent report Dwight, that's some good eating right there. I'm hoping to personally deliver my next reel on the Stress Free :).
Keep living it up buddy!

Sal
Forget about all the reasons why something may not work. You only need to find one good reason why it will.