Black Torque 25N Bearing Question....HELP ME!!!!

Started by Keta, May 24, 2019, 12:36:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Keta

It appears that Penn changed the handle side spool shaft bearing on the Torque 25N and the one I pulled out of the reel I'm working on came out in pieces.  The schematic says item 55D is a 55A-525MAG2 but this not the right bearing. The OD is right but the ID is too big.

The reel is a early model black Torque 25N.....HELP ME!!!!!

http://www.scottsbt.com/catalog/store/images/pennparts/schematics/trq25n.pdf
Hi, my name is Lee and I have a fishing gear problem.

I have all of the answers, yup, no, maybe.

A man who carries a cat by the tail learns something he can learn in no other way.
Mark Twain

alantani

send me an email at alantani@yahoo.com for questions!

Keta

Quote from: alantani on May 24, 2019, 03:49:15 AM
No way to even guess at the dimensions?

I have the OD and thickness, I'll measure the shaft when I get back from cutting firewood tomorrow.

A man who carries a cat by the tail learns something he can learn in no other way.
Mark Twain

Penn

Keta,

No changes to the ball bearings that I can recall.  Post a pic of the bearing and bearing location for us

tony 

Keta

The bearing came out in pieces and I tossed the outer race.  Here's a photo of where it came out of.

Mark Twain

Penn

Thanks, did you remove the retaining ring before trying to install the new bearing?  You did order the correct bearing but maybe you received the wrong one? 

tony

Keta

Quote from: Penn on May 24, 2019, 01:17:19 PM
Thanks, did you remove the  ring before trying to install the new bearing?  You did order the correct bearing. 
tony

I did not see the retaining ring at first when trying to remove the outer race, old eyes don't work well.  Once I got it out the outer race came out easy.   Thanks for sending me the right schematic, it is saved and printed.

Mark Twain

Penn

Per the print, 055A525MAG2 should measure

OD - .3940
ID - .2360
Thick - .0980

tony

Keta

Heading out to cut firewood for elderly neighbor. When I get back to town l will measure the shaft.

Mark Twain

Rivverrat

I've not run into any dimensional changes on this bearing.
I think I've worked on some of the earliest ones along with the newest examples of the Torque
star drag.

But this situation has me curious... Jeff

Keta

It could be Mystic sent the wrong bearing, I will know when the bearing Penn is sending me gets here.

Mark Twain