Small boat fishing

Started by Captain64-200, June 03, 2019, 08:14:50 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Captain64-200

The weather is sunny (at last !)  and  the old boat  is running fine ,so we had a  light trolling /  jig fishing  day  last thursday  .

A parrillada of fishes at the end of the day :  2 seabass (2 lbs) some mackerels, horse mackerels ,1 sea robin and a dozen or so "vives" (Trachinus draco )   excellent panfish .

A bottle of white Pouilly-fuissé  ,life is good . 

Excellent summer for you all from SW France
Fred from Biarritz ,

Tiddlerbasher

Sounds like fun - but isn't there a limit of 1 bass a day per person during 2019 under current EU rules?

Captain64-200

Quote from: Tiddlerbasher on June 03, 2019, 08:31:17 AM
Sounds like fun - but isn't there a limit of 1 bass a day per person during 2019 under current EU rules?

Only North of the 48th (04/01->10/31 ,no-kill the rest of the year )   , i'm south (sud gascogne VIIIb )  ,so it's 3 /day/person all year long  . 8)

Fred from Biarritz ,

Tiddlerbasher

Got it :) I don't think they could have come up with a more complicated set of rules and still allowed commercial netting to devastate the fish stocks.

foakes

Good job, Captain!

Best,

Fred
The Official, Un-Authorized Service and Restoration Center for quality vintage spinning reels.

D-A-M Quick, Penn, Mitchell, and ABU/Zebco Cardinals

--------

The first rule of fishing is to fish where the fish are. The second rule of fishing is to never forget the first rule.

"Enjoy the little things in Life — For someday, you may look back — and realize that they were the big things"
                                                     Fred O.

Captain64-200

Quote from: Tiddlerbasher on June 03, 2019, 11:57:52 AM
Got it :) I don't think they could have come up with a more complicated set of rules and still allowed commercial netting to devastate the fish stocks.

Absolutely right Sir !  total BS regulations ... it's a european "spécialité"  ;D

Quote from: foakes on June 03, 2019, 01:45:24 PM
Good job, Captain!

Best,

Fred

Thank you Fred

Fred :)
Fred from Biarritz ,

Benni3

That's a great fishing trip,,,,, ;D

Jerseymic

Quote from: Tiddlerbasher on June 03, 2019, 11:57:52 AM

Exactly!!

Mike,

U.K.

mhc

Nice mixed bag Captain, it's always interesting to see what people are catching in other regions.

Mike
It can't be too difficult - a lot of people do it.

Captain64-200

Quote from: mhc on June 04, 2019, 09:55:06 AM
Nice mixed bag Captain, it's always interesting to see what people are catching in other regions.

Mike

My pleasure Mike ! Let's hope this summer will be a fishy one ....
Fred from Biarritz ,