Reel X and Rem Oil??

Started by Hogginhank, October 17, 2011, 07:06:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hogginhank

Does anyone know if these 2 lubes will mix? Not sure if the Reel X is one of those crazy-polymer lubes that won't mix with reg oil. Thanks in advance for any info. Hank

Hogginhank

I guess I will have to try it out and let y'all know if it works. Hank

Hogginhank

It seems a lot of people are using the TSI lubes so this might not interest ya'll but this combo seems to work pretty good. I clean a lot of freshwater baitcasters and I usually just use straight rem oil on spool bearings because it has such a low viscosity. I just have them bring their reels back to me every 6 months or so to re-lube them. I use the reel X for saltwater spool bearings and it is a lot thicker than the rem oil but it seems to do a great job in the salt water setting. I have been using the rem oil - reel X mix on spool bearing for reels that are freshwater mostly with a couple trips a year to the beach and I haven't seen any corrosion or rust while using the mix. I did have corrosion and slight rust when I was testing the rem oil against the mix for comparison. I just wanted to let ya'll know how my test results ended up. I don't put a ton of the reel X into the rem oil, probably 90% rem oil and 10% reel X. It's just an option to keep the ligher oil properties(for the most part) and get a little kick of the reel X for some added corrosion protection. I think I will have to try out the TSI lubes. All I ever read about them is good stuff.. I guess I will have to add another lube to the collection I have on the bench. Thanks to all the peeps that have posted up good info and details on how the TSI stuff has been working for them..Adios' for now..Hank

Bryan Young

Sorry Hank, didn't even see this.  I'm not sure about REM.  I do know that TSI and corrosionX mixes well without any ill effects thus far.  I been using TSI alone without any issues thus far as well.
:D I talk with every part I send out and each reel I repair so that they perform at the top of their game. :D

Hogginhank

Can you pm me a link or place I can order some of the TSI stuff. Thanks. Hank

broschro

Working on some bearings and found that crc heavy duty silicon works the best out of reel x and peen oil.i got 17 sec of free spool compared to 9 secs with the oils.