Howdy from Chattanooga

Started by Matt300ZXT, May 27, 2019, 03:41:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Matt300ZXT

Thanks for the add guys.  I'm getting back into fishing after several years out, but never really knew much to begin with.  I've grown fond of my Abu Garcia 6500 C3 Striper since I've been back in it and I've heard this is a good place for Abus, which is great because I purchased an older 5500 C3 2 Speed yesterday which doesn't perform so hot, so this site may benefit me greatly.

RamseyReelRepair

Hey man I'm just down the road from you in Chatsworth Ga! Welcome!

West
Check out the website and gallery!
😎http://www.ramseyreelrepair.com😎

happyhooker

Greetings, Matt, from Minnesota, USA.

Frank

alantani

send me an email at alantani@yahoo.com for questions!

Dominick

Good to have you on board.  Dominick, San Mateo, CA
Leave the gun.  Take the cannolis.

There are two things I don't like about fishing.  Getting up early in the morning and boats.  The rest of it is fun.

festus

Quote from: Matt300ZXT on May 27, 2019, 03:41:28 PM
Thanks for the add guys.  I'm getting back into fishing after several years out, but never really knew much to begin with.  I've grown fond of my Abu Garcia 6500 C3 Striper since I've been back in it and I've heard this is a good place for Abus, which is great because I purchased an older 5500 C3 2 Speed yesterday which doesn't perform so hot, so this site may benefit me greatly.
Hey Matt, glad another Tennessean is on board.  I'm up the road a couple hours from Chattanooga near the Anderson/Roane/Morgan county borders (Oliver Springs).  I live half an hour from Watts Bar Lake, and in the opposite direction half an hour to Melton Hill Lake.  Also half an hour from the Obed/Emory River section of Nemo. 

Plenty of Abu fans on here to help.  I have maybe a dozen Abus.  4600, 5000, 5500C3 and 6000. Very good reels which are a pleasure to service.

Keta

Hi, my name is Lee and I have a fishing gear problem.

I have all of the answers, yup, no, maybe.

A man who carries a cat by the tail learns something he can learn in no other way.
Mark Twain

Crow

There's nothing wrong with a few "F's" on your record....Food, Fun, Flowers, Fishing, Friends, and Fun....to name just a few !

Captain64-200

Fred from Biarritz ,

Benni3

Welcome from Virginia,,,,,,, ;D

foakes

Welcome aboard, Matt!

Best,

Fred
The Official, Un-Authorized Service and Restoration Center for quality vintage spinning reels.

D-A-M Quick, Penn, Mitchell, and ABU/Zebco Cardinals

--------

The first rule of fishing is to fish where the fish are. The second rule of fishing is to never forget the first rule.

"Enjoy the little things in Life — For someday, you may look back — and realize that they were the big things"
                                                     Fred O.

Alto Mare

Welcome from Philly, Matt!

Sal
Forget about all the reasons why something may not work. You only need to find one good reason why it will.

Gobi King

Shibs - aka The Gobi King
Fichigan

Donnyboat

Welcome Matt, could you tell us what you think is the problem with the 5500 C3 X 2, we may all learn from this, bring it on, cheers Don from sunny western Australia.
Don, or donnyboat

Midway Tommy

Welcome, Matt, from the Central Plains!
Love those open face spinning reels! (Especially ABU & ABU/Zebco Cardinals)

Tommy D (ORCA), NE

Favorite Activity? ............... In our boat fishing
RELAXING w/ MY BEST FRIEND (My wife Bonnie)