Sausage Party

Started by ChileRelleno, June 02, 2019, 07:49:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ChileRelleno

I threw a sausage party today and everybody loved it.  :o  ;D

I stopped by one of my favorite local butcher shops to see what they had in-stock.
Looking around I decided to Go Big *and* Go Home with a nice variety of smoked sausages.
Alligator/Pork, Pork Pineapple Jalapeno, Pork Cheese Jalapeno and Beef.

Mmmm, Mmmm, Grilled Sausages!

Sides

Red Beans-n-Rice with Smoked Beef Sausage

Southern Milk Corn

In a large stockpot add
2qt water, 2C whole milk, 1C heavy cream, 1 stick of butter, handful of salt, palmful Cajun spice and freshly chopped 1/2C Parsley and 1/8C Rosemary.
Bring liquid to a slow simmer, add corn and bring to a boil.
Slow boil for 10 minutes.

The Money Shot

Ragnar Benson:
"Never, under any circumstances, ever become a refugee.
Die if you must, but die on your home turf with your face to the wind, not in some stinking hellhole 2,000 kilometers away, among people you neither know nor care about."

David Hall

Oh hell yes!  match it with some "vintage" cold beer and winner winner sausage dinner!

conchydong

I think I could have made a meal of the red beans and rice alone. The extra variety of sausage would be a bonus.
Another well done job.

Alto Mare

Nice dish John! one of my favorite to warm my bones during the cold months.

Sal
Forget about all the reasons why something may not work. You only need to find one good reason why it will.

Ron Jones

I personally don't go for the sausage with fruit and such, but anything you make looks so unbelievably good!
Ron Jones
Ronald Jones
To those who have gone to sea and returned and to those who have gone to sea and will never return
"

bhale1

Wow Chile....
Just made my mouth water :P
As per usual, thanks for sharing.....and making me hungry :o....I just ate !!!!!!
Brett