Drag Issues with Fin Nor OFC20H

Started by ACDIII, October 20, 2011, 02:58:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ACDIII

NEW MEMBER so I hope I have posted this message in the right location. I purchased a new FinNor OFC20H reel, when under line pull, the drag "jerks" instead of a slow, smooth line discharge.  Reel is new so I have never had it serviced. Does this reel have a history of this issue? Can it be fixed with drag washer cleaning or buying new drag washers?  Thanks, Andy

alantani

send me an email at alantani@yahoo.com for questions!

ACDIII

I must be crazy but here goes...I've got the carbontex washers and Cal grease from Dawn, so I quess I'm ready to start replacing the drag washers...a couple of questions before I start. When I replace with  carbontex washers I apply an abundant coating of grease..I woud assume this is to both sides of the washer and does this also include grease to washer under the main gear? Thanks for your help....I hope I'm not a zip-loc bag customer.

Andy

Bryan Young

Yes, apply Cal's drag grease to both sides of the Carbontex washers.  Don't worry about applying too much.  A first run will spin out the excess grease along with the pressure against the drag system.
:D I talk with every part I send out and each reel I repair so that they perform at the top of their game. :D

ACDIII

Well I'll be darn....with the exception of how the A/R pawl and ratchet went together, it went pretty well. Reel is operational and Drag is smooth. Thanks to Alan for the tutorial, Dawn for getting me the carbontex washers/grease and Brian Young's answers on greasing the washers.

Andy 

Dominick

Quote from: ACDIII on December 06, 2011, 12:05:34 AM
Well I'll be darn....with the exception of how the A/R pawl and ratchet went together, it went pretty well. Reel is operational and Drag is smooth. Thanks to Alan for the tutorial, Dawn for getting me the carbontex washers/grease and Brian Young's answers on greasing the washers.

Andy 
Oh oh!  Alan has created another monster.  Your wife won't be able to get you out of the garage.  You'll be begging your friends to bring their reels over.  Then when all your friends have had their reels tended to, you'll be on ebay every evening checking out just one more reel so that you can rebuild it.  When will it ever end?  Aaaaagh   ::)  Dominick
Leave the gun.  Take the cannolis.

There are two things I don't like about fishing.  Getting up early in the morning and boats.  The rest of it is fun.

redsetta

Fortitudine vincimus - By endurance we conquer

Jimmer

Maybe Alan should post a warning on entering his site.... Dare ye enter....
What - me worry?   A.E.Neumann

Alto Mare

Quote from: Pescachaser on December 06, 2011, 12:29:11 AM
Oh oh!  Alan has created another monster.  Your wife won't be able to get you out of the garage. bring their reels over You'll be begging your friends to . Then when all your friends have had their reels tended to, you'll be on ebay every evening checking out just one more reel so that you can rebuild it.  When will it ever end?  Aaaaagh   ::)  Dominick

Dominick, how can you see me from 3500 miles away ;D.

You're right, Jimmer!
Forget about all the reasons why something may not work. You only need to find one good reason why it will.