TLD 30II Done?

Started by SoCalAngler, October 21, 2011, 05:45:01 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

SoCalAngler

Well here is the newest upgrade to my TLD 30II. I have seen these handle knobs and arms online for about a year now so I finely pulled the trigger and bought a set. All I can say is wow. The quailty is outstanding and is what I expected from Dawn over at Smoothdrags. Her customer service is great also, I placed the order Wednessday morning and my package arrived today. I mean who else would get stuff to you the next day without having to pay for next day service?

The handle arm is 1/2" longer for better cranking power and the metal knob has what seems to be a thick anodisation.

Now I think I may be done with the aftermarket parts for this reel. Good thing this reel was a gift new because I would have never put this kind of money into it if it was not. This reel has a Tib frame, Cal's drag plate, handle arm and knob upgrade, greased drag washer and bearing upgrade. Is there anything else I should look at doing to this reel other than fish it?

wallacewt

make sure you loctite the screw into the knob shaft,otherwise it will come undone.comes with dawns instructions,some of us here didnt do it,DOH!

Dominick

I agree with Wallace.  Don't ask how I know loctite should be used.  Dominick
Leave the gun.  Take the cannolis.

There are two things I don't like about fishing.  Getting up early in the morning and boats.  The rest of it is fun.

SoCalAngler

Thanks guys for the headsup but I did follow Dawns instructions and use a thread lock on the handle shaft. The small blue bottle on the left of the first pic is the thread lock. Have any of you had issues with the allen screw which attaches the knob to the arm shaft comming loose? I was thinking of adding some lock tight there also but have not done so yet. It seems to me the rotational force would only effect the screw that holds the handle shaft to the arm so I'm not sure if I should use the thread lock on the allen screw holding the knob to the knob shaft?

wallacewt

Dominick

Leave the gun.  Take the cannolis.

There are two things I don't like about fishing.  Getting up early in the morning and boats.  The rest of it is fun.

broadway

That thing is juiced up and ready to take on some BIG fish... nice reel, have fun, and enjoy your work!
Dom

alantani

nice post!  i'd like to move this over to the shimano section later......
send me an email at alantani@yahoo.com for questions!

SoCalAngler