Trophy mako

Started by Lowprofile, June 27, 2019, 12:39:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lowprofile

Okay maybe not, but this pic is going on my wall.

Surf Slayer

I think you're going to need a bigger boat.....

Crow

The look on the shark's face is, "Just wait till I grow up , and you won't think I'm so "cute' !!"
There's nothing wrong with a few "F's" on your record....Food, Fun, Flowers, Fishing, Friends, and Fun....to name just a few !

steelfish

good thing you released, you dont have a big enough ice chest on that Kayak for that monsta'

The Baja Guy

thorhammer

Nice! Where you been hiding????

Dominick

I would't hold that sucker so casually.  Dominick
Leave the gun.  Take the cannolis.

There are two things I don't like about fishing.  Getting up early in the morning and boats.  The rest of it is fun.

Tightlines667

I used to love those baby Makos.  Always landed them, dehooked, and released them from commercisl gear.  They are so cute.  Sometimes they took off like a rocket when you put them back in the water.  Baby Oceanic White-tips on the other hand are little bulldogs that try to rip your face off and won't settle down and sit nicely on your lap. 
Hope springs eternal
for the consumate fishermen.

RowdyW

It looks like a bigger fish took a couple of bites on your monster.      Rudy

Rivverrat

Quote from: Dominick on June 27, 2019, 01:07:33 AM
I would't hold that sucker so casually.  Dominick

Maybe my twisted humor but this made me laugh out loud. I was thinking the same.

But hey   I'm in Kansas what do I know...

Anywho it's a very nice pic... Jeff

Benni3

Yes that had to be fun in a kayak,,,,,great job,,,,,, ;D

steelfish

Quote from: RowdyW on June 27, 2019, 01:56:19 AM
It looks like a bigger fish took a couple of bites on your monster.      Rudy

Lets hope big mama Mako doesnt think our friend here put those hurts on her baby
The Baja Guy

oc1

Yeah, I'd say that's a trophy.  Nice photo
-steve

Lowprofile

The marks are from another mako. We had 3 come up in the chum slick. Two tiny babies that size and one about 5ft. I ended up hooking that one As soon as I tossed a bait in and was feeding out my leader. Once hooked the other two took off. We reset about a mile up our slick and finished off the chum but nothing else came up.

Shark Hunter

Life is Good!

Crab Pot

How cool is that!

But you do need to upgrade your boat, lol.

I caught it's cousin last summer, a Salmon Shark.

Owner of the boat insisted it was a Great White and wouldn't let it on the boat.

Whites have different shaped teeth which I showed him when we got back to the beach.
Buy it nice or buy it twice.