Ordering an avet mxl

Started by Anjoemara, October 23, 2011, 10:48:58 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Anjoemara

Hello forummembers
Want to order two avet mxl in the blue colour: will there be a change that the colour of the reels dont match to each other. The one for example lighter or darker then the other. Or will have all the avets mxl blue have exactly the same colour? If not, than it will be better to take the black colour or maybe the silver colour? Dont live in your country so I cant see the reels in the tackle shop. Sending a reel back is expensive for me: shipping back $ 40,00 and again paying tax at customs about $ 50,00. So I want to be sure I will receive two avet mxl in exactly the same colour.

Dominick

AnJoeMara:  Send a message to the company you are ordering from and let them know you will send the reels back if they are not the same color.  That way a live person will open the box to make sure they are the same.  It is possible that if the reels were made in different lots, they might be slightly different, but I have not heard any complaints.  Good Luck.  Dominick
Leave the gun.  Take the cannolis.

There are two things I don't like about fishing.  Getting up early in the morning and boats.  The rest of it is fun.

SoCalAngler

I have seen several hundreds of Avet reels as I used to work for the largest Avet dealer and they have always had a problem with their anodisation exactly matching with their reels. I don't know if this has been fixed as I have not worked there for a couple of years but we would get in batches of reels where the color didn't match exactly from one reel to another in the same color. Also reels would have frames that were lighter or darker in color from the spool, handle arm or other colored parts on the same reel. I'm sure it was due to the different parts being anodized at different times and I did lose sales because I could not match several reels in the same color. Was their a huge difference in the color? No, but some people want them to match exactly. Could I live with the reels or parts on the same reel being a slightly different color? Yes, but you are the one to make that call. The colors I mostly worked with were silver, gold, blue, purple, red, black and sometimes we got other colors into the shop also. The best matching colors were silver and black, with black by far the most consistent in color not only in the parts on the same reel or from reel to reel but across Avets whole line.

kapnd

OK, here's a deal for you that will ensure that the reels are the same color.
Order 10 of the same color online from the cheapest source available, and have them shipped to my address in the US.
I will check the color on a computerized color matching machine, and send you the two that match the closest, guaranteed you will not be able to see any difference.
I will keep the crappy, off-colored reels at the expense of my pride, and send you the crown jewels of the batch, and I will pay the shipping to wherever you are.
PM me if you want to do this, I would also be willing to help you in similar fashion regarding rods, line, lures, or even boats, cars, or whatever.
Sincerely, Don

alantani

don, i don't know how to guarantee it will be perfect either, but if he wants them to match, he wants them to match.
send me an email at alantani@yahoo.com for questions!

Anjoemara

Everybody thanks for the answers. It is clear to me. I maked an order for black.