Buying a used Penn Senator 9/0

Started by Inspiro, October 24, 2011, 06:38:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

broadway

Hey Rob,

My 112H's have bushings... do you have a 112H with bearings? If so, what size are they?
Thanks
Dom

Norcal Pescador

Dom,
As usual you're correct on the bushings. :-[  I got my wires crossed on the Senators and have since corrected my earlier post. I yield to the Senator Jedi Master. ;D
Rob
Rob

Measure once, cut twice. Or is it the other way around? ::)

"A good man knows his limits." - Inspector Harry Callahan, SFPD

cmaraj1

jus got an old 9/0 and looking to upgrade the drag, i see some just add ht100 drag, but then i see some adding 5 and 7 stack ht100 drags systems, can someone explain what the difference is ?
will more drag washer increase the drag more?
i dont have a clue
please help fellas...

Keta

Quote from: cmaraj1 on March 06, 2014, 03:29:26 AM
can someone explain what the difference is ?
i dont have a clue
please help fellas...

More washers, a 5+1 is 5 washers carbon fiber (CF) washers in the gear and one under, a 7+1 is 7 in and 1 under.  It will increase the drag.
Hi, my name is Lee and I have a fishing gear problem.

I have all of the answers, yup, no, maybe.

A man who carries a cat by the tail learns something he can learn in no other way.
Mark Twain

Shark Hunter

The 7 stack drag yields a higher drag rating, but its price is considerable compared to the standard 5 stack. Unless you are targeting sharks or larger fish. The 5 stack HT-100's will do you fine with 26lbs of drag available. Bryan's seven stack kit will give you 35lbs. He sells it for $35.
Life is Good!

pcde123

Quote from: cmaraj1 on March 06, 2014, 03:29:26 AM
jus got an old 9/0 and looking to upgrade the drag, i see some just add ht100 drag, but then i see some adding 5 and 7 stack ht100 drags systems, can someone explain what the difference is ?
i dont have a clue
please help fellas...
the amount of drag that is produced out of a reel is based on the surface area of the drag washers, if both types use the same diameter washer and same style of stack(which i assume) i am 99% sure the drag will also be the same. senators are tough, you can make the guts stainless steel if you want. buy a handle from alan, and ask dawn for carbontex washers, otherwise buy the ht-100. there are more than enough tutorials on senators on this website and you can turn a senator into a Lamborghini with all the info thats on here but most of the extra tutorials are for personalization.

OldSchool

Quote from: alantani on October 24, 2011, 06:41:08 AM
honestly, i think that the usa versus china penn reel controversy is overblown.  they all need to be serviced ahead of time.  if the reel suits your needs, grab it and plan on having to service it ahead of time.   :-\

What one man can do so can another...