Needle Nose Grease Gun Adapter

Started by Brewskey, October 25, 2011, 10:43:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Brewskey

Have any of you tried one of these for your 3oz grease guns? Do you think it would work as well as the trimmed iinflator needles that some of you usse.

http://www.amazon.com/Plews-05-025-Needle-Grease-Adapter/dp/B000CCIM1A/ref=wl_it_dp_o_npd?ie=UTF8&coliid=IIWN5HSGAY287&colid=HIWCI07TC710

Keta

I have one I got when I worked for a living, they are a bit too large for fishing reel bearings.  A cut down tire inflators are just about the right size.
Hi, my name is Lee and I have a fishing gear problem.

I have all of the answers, yup, no, maybe.

A man who carries a cat by the tail learns something he can learn in no other way.
Mark Twain

Bryan Young

I and many of us use the Adaptor and Needle kit shown http://alantani.com/index.php?topic=870.0.  It's threaded to fit normal grease fun tubs.
:D I talk with every part I send out and each reel I repair so that they perform at the top of their game. :D

alantani

send me an email at alantani@yahoo.com for questions!

js1172

here is the gun I use
cost 9 bucks

js
Our houses are protected by the good lord and a gun, ya might meet them both if ya show up here not welcome son
way out here/Josh Thompson

Brewskey

otownjoe

I have the same gun $ 5.99 at harbor freight

js1172

any shop that sells chainsaws, or repairs them should carry them, forester mini grease gun. they're intended purpose is to grease the roller tips on some chainsaw bars.
js
Our houses are protected by the good lord and a gun, ya might meet them both if ya show up here not welcome son
way out here/Josh Thompson

alantani

jim nomura has one of those and really likes it.  they're fine for almost every situation.  the long needle point of the one that i use might come in handy, but i honestly cannot think of a situation where this grease gun tip would not have done the job. 
send me an email at alantani@yahoo.com for questions!

Bryan Young

I have the same gun and switched the tips because I like the longer tip for getting into tight places to grease, and also screw holes.
:D I talk with every part I send out and each reel I repair so that they perform at the top of their game. :D

coastalobsession

Coastal Obsession Deckhand and reel cleaning

kamuwela

let's support alan and keep him busy at the same time.  ;D   just order them from him, since he is a non profit buisness plus this great site he created for you and i

Brewskey

Quote from: kamuwela on November 04, 2011, 09:08:35 AM
let's support alan and keep him busy at the same time.  ;D   just order them from him, since he is a non profit buisness plus this great site he created for you and i

I agree. I intend to buy the tips from Alan, I just came across this tip on Amazon and wondered if anybody here used them. I was originally turned off by the thought of hand packing 3oz grease cartridges with Yamaha grease and was interested in the gun seen above because it doesn't use cartridges. Now I have now found that some of the mini grease guns that will accept the Alan style tip can be loaded with strait grease without a cartridge. Sounds like a win win situation. 

JGB

For those of you using the small hand pump grease gun.

I found that filling can be a bit messy. Here is one solution. I keep my Yama Lube in a large grease gun that takes the full sized cartriges and remove the zerk tip. When it is time to refill the little guy I just pump it full of grease from the bottom and the slowly withdraw the grease gun as it nears full. The result is no air bubbles and no mess. Does take a bit of time but sure beats using a spoon or butter knife.

The other thing I do is insert a #39 O ring into the top to seal the canister from air leaks.

Jim N.