California Aqueduct Fish Report 10/12/2011

Started by jig-guy, October 26, 2011, 10:37:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jig-guy

I finally got bit at the duct here in Hesperia California, one bite in 8 1/2 years. 4:30 am useing a 3/4 oz. Rat-L-Trap. This 15 pound striper pulled me over a city block down the duct. The striper pulled lots of line off my AG 5501-C3, drags worked great. Line new 15 pound test Big Game. Thats about it was fun fishing in the moon light.
jg

Dominick

Quote from: jig-guy on October 26, 2011, 10:37:10 PM
I finally got bit at the duct here in Hesperia California, one bite in 8 1/2 years. 4:30 am useing a 3/4 oz. Rat-L-Trap. This 15 pound striper pulled me over a city block down the duct. The striper pulled lots of line off my AG 5501-C3, drags worked great. Line new 15 pound test Big Game. Thats about it was fun fishing in the moon light.
jg
100_1310100_1327100_1328
Hey Jig-Guy:  your pictures did not show. See http://alantani.com/index.php?topic=2349.0 Dominick
Leave the gun.  Take the cannolis.

There are two things I don't like about fishing.  Getting up early in the morning and boats.  The rest of it is fun.

redsetta

Sounds great JG - well done.
Never heard of fishing an aqueduct before!
x2 on Dominick's post - let's see some pics!
Cheers, Justin
Fortitudine vincimus - By endurance we conquer

Alto Mare

Hey Jig-guy, are you teasing us or are you having a hard time posting the pictures? :-\
Forget about all the reasons why something may not work. You only need to find one good reason why it will.

Nessie Hunter

Quote from: jig-guy on October 26, 2011, 10:37:10 PM
jg
100_1310100_1327100_1328

Some very BIG Cats and Stripers in the Aqueduct. 
Many fish it on a regular basis.

I live in Hesperia also!!!   East side off Peach..   Small world..

"Life is not a journey to the grave with the intentions of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body. But rather to slide in sideways, thoroughly used up, totally worn out and loudly proclaiming....
WOW!!! WHAT A RIDE!