Alex Customs rods, What's coming off the Lathe !

Started by steelfish, September 09, 2019, 07:59:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

sabaman1

Alex what would be the best way to remove an old varmac reel seat from a rod, without possibly damaging the blank underneath ?
JIM

steelfish

Quote from: sabaman1 on November 10, 2023, 09:12:57 AMAlex what would be the best way to remove an old varmac reel seat from a rod, without possibly damaging the blank underneath ?

I normally use a dremel and a pair of flat screwdrivers, but I have read some guys dont trust on a dremel and use a fine/jewelry file to slowly cut the reelseat
The Baja Guy

sabaman1

Quote from: steelfish on November 10, 2023, 04:31:42 PM
Quote from: sabaman1 on November 10, 2023, 09:12:57 AMAlex what would be the best way to remove an old varmac reel seat from a rod, without possibly damaging the blank underneath ?

I normally use a dremel and a pair of flat screwdrivers, but I have read some guys dont trust on a dremel and use a fine/jewelry file to slowly cut the reelseat
Thank you Alex! I'll give the dremel cutter a try being careful to not cut all the way through reel seat
JIM

thorhammer

Quote from: steelfish on November 10, 2023, 04:31:42 PM

YEP.

steelfish

The Baja Guy

Donnyboat

Gee supervisor dont look very interested, reminds me of my supervivor, Patrishit, keep well cheers Don.
Don, or donnyboat

steelfish

Quote from: Donnyboat on February 29, 2024, 07:53:15 PMGee supervisor dont look very interested, reminds me of my supervivor, Patrishit, keep well cheers Don.

he gets bored easily when I work on reels or when Im working taking the guides out from a rod but gets exited when I installing guides back, he keeps an eye really close to my job as you can see, every rod I build has the QC checkout from him that or keeps busy chewing the wrapping thread, mostly the last part  >:(  >:(

The Baja Guy

Brewcrafter

ReelFishingProblems

Seems a bit suspicious of the color choice.

Or maybe wondering what you're doing with its favorite toy?

foakes

The Official, Un-Authorized Service and Restoration Center for quality vintage spinning reels.

D-A-M Quick, Penn, Mitchell, and ABU/Zebco Cardinals

--------

The first rule of fishing is to fish where the fish are. The second rule of fishing is to never forget the first rule.

"Enjoy the little things in Life — For someday, you may look back — and realize that they were the big things"
                                                     Fred O.

PacRat

He's trying to show you that the tip-top guide is out of alignment by just a little kitty-whisker.

gstours

I,m agreeing that your cat knows, Alex so when it speaks to you and you just think its a pfffe,  maybe the rod is a little wanka?   :ct