You can carry on a salmon, but be prepared

Started by seaeagle2, November 05, 2011, 04:05:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

seaeagle2

So we flew down to Oakland to watch our son's game this weekend.  We thought it would be fun to bring down a salmon and some halibut and do  a little salmon bbq and halibut fish and chips for some of his relatives that live in the San Jose area.  Since we vacuum pack our fish and keep it in the deep freeze, we just put it in a soft sided "picnic" cooler inside my suitcase.  I could see the xray lady looking and looking at it.  Then the announcement, "who's this green bag belong to ?".  Another TSA officer got the bag, and says, "will you follow me sir, we need to open your bag and do an additional search".  She put the bag on the counter, opened it and started laughing, "I told her it was a fish she was looking at" she said, then asked, did I catch it and how much it weighed.  When I was able to say, "yes I caught them, the coho was 8lbs and the halibut was 50", she did a quick explosives swab test and I was on my way.....
"One life, don't blow it" Kona Brewing
\"If people concentrated on the really important things in life, there\'d be a shortage of fishing poles\" Doug Larson

Keith K

We all know you came down to get a jump on crab season... ;D

How did the game go?

seaeagle2

They beat West Hills 46-22.  Our crab season runs July 1 to August 31, then they tally the catch record cards and decide if there's enough crabs left to reopen. and they just opened in some areas til the end of the year.  And for something to do, we drove over to Hi's Tackle Shop....
"One life, don't blow it" Kona Brewing
\"If people concentrated on the really important things in life, there\'d be a shortage of fishing poles\" Doug Larson