P series SS Jacks

Started by Newell Nut, October 01, 2019, 02:06:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Newell Nut

These things got pretty pricey before they disappeared from ebay. None of our elite machinist have had time to tinker with them. Ideally it is two pieces with a press fit to replace the black plastic ones that do break. I spent a lot of time on the Mcmaster site and found some pieces that I could slightly modify to make my own. I made a few Sunday. Getting set up and the trial run took a little time but once I figured out the easy way it took 15 minutes to create one. Tools needed are a file, a vise and polishing wheel on a dremel. Part information is copied and pasted from Mcmaster order. The file is needed to cut one of the female pieces to half length and goes quick. This will leave about one thread sticking out each side when assembled. I used permanent Loctite and also slightly flattened each end with a hammer. Then polished.

Female Threaded Round Standoff

18-8 Stainless Steel, 1/4" OD, 1/4" Long, 4-40 Thread Size
91125A431

Each

$1.47

Each

$20.58

18-8 Stainless Steel Threaded Rod

4-40 Thread Size, 1/2" Long
95412A409

Pack of 25

Pack

redsetta

Fortitudine vincimus - By endurance we conquer

Yogi_fish808

Tom's actively working on making these for us. I have them installed on a NL550 AND R550 for testing and I really like them. It is a 1pc solid machined item, I believe to avoid risk of user error during installation. I'm not sure of a production date but I believe the design is good to go.

Newell Nut

Quote from: Yogi_fish808 on October 01, 2019, 06:28:54 AM
Tom's actively working on making these for us. I have them installed on a NL550 AND R550 for testing and I really like them. It is a 1pc solid machined item, I believe to avoid risk of user error during installation. I'm not sure of a production date but I believe the design is good to go.

Now that is great news. Tom makes some really cool parts and they should sell well.