NO MONEY FISH IN THE WON TUNA TOURNEY, BUT 6TH PLACE

Started by Dominick, November 11, 2011, 07:28:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dominick

Leave the gun.  Take the cannolis.

There are two things I don't like about fishing.  Getting up early in the morning and boats.  The rest of it is fun.

Alto Mare

Dominick, so what if you didn't win any money, you don't need it any way ;D. Two days and 30 tuna, can't complain about that. About that 207lbs. tuna, did you get take a closer look? I'm sure the smaller ones are tastier. Send me a tuna steak wont you? Excellent report Dominick and that dodo was the icing on the cake ;).

Forget about all the reasons why something may not work. You only need to find one good reason why it will.

Dominick

Sorry Sal:  If you want a Tuna steak, you have to come and get it :).  You get on a plane and I will start to thaw it out.  Dominick

There are two things I don't like about fishing.  Getting up early in the morning and boats.  The rest of it is fun.

Alto Mare

Hey Dominick, did you really forget about that Marlin or are you just teasing us  ;D ?  Wow! After all the mishap from the start, you guys sure turned it around.... that's a heck of a fishing adventure you  had there. From the picture, it looks like you've been working out to get ready for the tournament, you're holding that 44 lbs dodo with one hand and no effort ...unless there is someone helping holding it up from the bottom :-\. By the way, what's that reel that you're holding on the first picture.
Forget about all the reasons why something may not work. You only need to find one good reason why it will.

redsetta

Great report Dominick, and some cracker fish - particularly that horse of a dodo.
Well done!
Cheers for sharing, Justin
Fortitudine vincimus - By endurance we conquer

broadway

Gotta love it... You forgot the Marlin ;)
Great report and trip... even though there wasn't money in those fish I bet they taste good as hell, and you got the memories which is why we really do this anyway.
Nice job,
Dom

Dominick

Quote from: Alto Mare on November 12, 2011, 10:44:54 AM
Hey Dominick, did you really forget about that Marlin or are you just teasing us  ;D ?  Wow! After all the mishap from the start, you guys sure turned it around.... that's a heck of a fishing adventure you  had there. From the picture, it looks like you've been working out to get ready for the tournament, you're holding that 44 lbs dodo with one hand and no effort ...unless there is someone helping holding it up from the bottom :-\. By the way, what's that reel that you're holding on the first picture.
Sal, Dom:  No kidding around.  You should have been on the boat.  The Captain up on the bridge had the long line up the middle of the lure set.  The Marlin hits the lure and he sets the hook (he shouldn't have) he then yells down that he has a Marlin on.  All 4 fisherman looked at one another and two of us said "snit" and no one moved toward the pole.  This is very funny.  Nobody wanted to take the time to reel in a Marlin.  It was a waste of time as it was definately not a money fish.  So I took the pole and every time that Marlin tail danced I pulled the line hard hoping that that would dislarge the hook or it would throw the hook.  I did everything wrong to let the fish off the hook but I had to bring it to the boat to get the hook out.  It was in the 175-180lb range.  The captain and crew estimate, not mine.  It was a decent size fish as you can see in the photos.  Dom if you are asking about the reel in the very first photo on Bloody Decks, its a Penn Senator 114H, I rebuilt for my friend who loaned it to one of our team.  It was loaded with 80lb mono, and it brought in several tuna.  The reel and drags worked smoothly.
Dominick

broadway

Wow!
Passing up on a marlin is like passing up a date with a super model ;D ... I ain't never done that! :o
Glad to hear the 114h took care of business.
Isn't it funny how when we wanna get a fish off we can't, but when we wanna keep 'em on they get off... reminds me of when I'm striper fishing and the blues infiltrate the area.
Good stuff,
Dom

Alto Mare

Quote from: broadway on November 15, 2011, 11:57:17 AM
Isn't it funny how when we wanna get a fish off we can't, but when we wanna keep 'em on they get off...

I know what you mean Dom, oh.....you're talking about the fish.