Bearing housing, Accurate Jigmaster plates

Started by Snagged2, November 14, 2011, 04:41:28 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Snagged2

Howdy,,
I recently acquired some Accurate sideplates that fit Jigmasters..
The stock Penn bearing cups, don't work well, it appears with the Accurate plates..(clicker side needed)

Looks like I need the Accurate proprietary bearing cup-housing,etc.?

Anyone have some of these items in their pocket??  :D

Know of a source to purchase them?  I didn't see anything on the Accurate website about these older products.

or, is this something the local machinist needs to learn about? ;D
Thanks,,
Greg

Alto Mare

That might be a challenge. Try www.reelygone.com  :-\.
Forget about all the reasons why something may not work. You only need to find one good reason why it will.

Keta

Thanks for the link.  I've been working south of Windy Bay out of Charleston for http://www.offshoreadventurescharter.com/, next time I take the long way home I'll have to stop by.
Hi, my name is Lee and I have a fishing gear problem.

I have all of the answers, yup, no, maybe.

A man who carries a cat by the tail learns something he can learn in no other way.
Mark Twain

Alto Mare

Just don't take too long of a way home, Keta. Wives get suspicious when it's time to get home ;D
Forget about all the reasons why something may not work. You only need to find one good reason why it will.

Snagged2

Well, if anybody finds a source for these,, be interesting to see where they may come from!!

Ratchet

Quote from: Snagged2 on November 14, 2011, 04:41:28 AM
Howdy,,
I recently acquired some Accurate sideplates that fit Jigmasters..
The stock Penn bearing cups, don't work well, it appears with the Accurate plates..(clicker side needed)

Thanks,,
Greg

Years ago, I found out that those bearing cups are unique to Accurate's AccuPlates but only after I purchased a set of sideplates for my Jigmaster.  If you get lucky and find some old-stock bearing cups, remember that there are right and left-side cups.  The right-side bearing cup is stamped with an "R" and the left-side is left blank.  The left-side bearing cup has a pin inside that the right-side cup lacks.  This metal pin is the make up for too short left-side spool axial on the Penn 500 Jigmaster spool.  The original jigmaster reel came with bushings.

This spool issue is famiilar to those that purchased Newell's 300-C sideplates 30 years ago.  Newell included those orange plastic spacers with the kit to stick onto the jigmaster's left-side spool axial because his bearing cups were interchangeable.

Good luck in your search and keep us posted if you find a source.

Snagged2

A member here PM'd me,, and he has one on the way to me.. Wouldn't take any money for it...

That right there is pretty danged nice... Thanks.. 8)

Cortez_Conversions

I'm glad It worked for you!
Now go and fish that thing!
Tom
Visit: cortezconversions.com
Forget about all the reasons why something may not work. You only need to find one good reason why it will.-Sal

alantani

send me an email at alantani@yahoo.com for questions!

Alto Mare

Very nice of you Tom, by the way do you have any more? I will pay you for them. Please let me know. Sal

Cortez_Conversions

Hi Sal,
Yes, I do have a few more, but these are actually for my Jigmaster frame project, similar to the Squidder kits I make.
If someone out there has a set of the Accurate Jigmaster bearing cups, I would like to have a look at them!
I should have some shop time in December, and could knock out a bunch of these.
Let me know if there is an interest.
Tom
Forget about all the reasons why something may not work. You only need to find one good reason why it will.-Sal

Alto Mare

Tom, I'm definitely interested. I think that the Jigmaster is the same as the 113H, could you also do some for the 114H?

Come on guys , lets get Tom to make us a bunch...can't find these anywhere.

I'm hoping that it will work out. Thanks Tom. Sal

Cortez_Conversions

I'll make whatever there is a need for.
I'm trying to come up with design that does not need the bearing to be crimped in. The cups will last a lifetime, only the bearings need to be replaced.

Now keep in mind, I do this on the side. Ask Alan how long it takes sometimes to get parts from me!
Tom

alantani

personally, i would go for a slip fit and not worry about the bearing falling out.  i would avoid a pressed fit, i would avoid peening, and i would avoid retaining rings.  keep it simple. 
send me an email at alantani@yahoo.com for questions!

Alto Mare

Quote from: alantani on November 22, 2011, 05:40:37 AM
personally, i would go for a slip fit and not worry about the bearing falling out.  i would avoid a pressed fit, i would avoid peening, and i would avoid retaining rings.  keep it simple. 
Good idea Alan!

Tom, that sounds good.
Here is a shot of cup that you could adjust with your fingers, Just in case you where interested in making something like it. Either one would help though.
Thanks.  Sal