Shimano grease and oil

Started by Anjoemara, November 14, 2011, 08:23:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

alantani

i'd love to get some of this stuff to play with!
send me an email at alantani@yahoo.com for questions!

wallacewt

what would the spray grease do away with  ??? yamaha blue or cals or both?

alantani

it would make it quick and easy to spray the insides of side plates to get a nice even coat of grease. currently i have to use a toothbrush. 

hafnor

I believe shimano is using this in a lot of their newer reels. it leaves a thin coat and is used because it is more environmently... I believe I have seen it on torsa and talica. Since it only leaves a thin film the reels feel a little rough and dry... I greased up a talica and it sounded much better and the gears meshed more quietly

REK

Quote from: alantani on November 14, 2011, 10:35:24 PM
i'd love to get some of this stuff to play with!

http://jdmtackle.com/product_view.php?product_id=361
Might want to give Randy a call down in Garden Grove.
Scroll down.

kamuwela

Quote from: wallacewt on November 14, 2011, 11:12:55 PM
what would the spray grease do away with  ??? yamaha blue or cals or both?
now we need another grease. this will make it easier to do side plate protection. but we will still need cal's, yamaha, and corrosion x. maybe alan can get yamaha to make a aerosol form of marine grease.   ;D i want to try some too.

alantani

i just ordered some.  very nice website!

coastalobsession

Cool. But Im still going to stick with my Yamaha Grease. IMO
Coastal Obsession Deckhand and reel cleaning

alantani

i've got some ardent products, now some shimano stuff, gotta order up some penn lubes and something from daiwa, then do another post on lubes. 

wallacewt

alan if you come up with another lube thats better than what we are using now you are gunna end up in the bloody berley pot. ;D

Dominick

Quote from: wallacewt on November 19, 2011, 06:34:03 PM
alan if you come up with another lube thats better than what we are using now you are gunna end up in the bloody berley pot. ;D
Got me again Wallace.  I had to google berley pot.  We just use ground up bait fish in a bucket and spoon it over the side.  Dominick
Leave the gun.  Take the cannolis.

There are two things I don't like about fishing.  Getting up early in the morning and boats.  The rest of it is fun.

kinetic_kwik

I have been using this stuff on all my reels since 06. And love it. Am new to the greased drag thing, and was wondering if this grease would work for shimano drags?

willybendit

bean onto shimano in England and there service dept have never herd of  it ?  i told them to look on the auction site  £ 22 free post    its not available in England ?  looks like ill have to have a trip down to london Zoo and fill my  reels with camel carp Ha Ha