Would You Prefer Avet or Everol for Jigging Series?

Started by Marko, November 15, 2011, 09:19:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Marko

Hai everyone,

maybe this is dumb question-but i assume for many people out there these two brand are special. i believe also this two brand having huge amounts of fans out there.

i really wonder, if you are facing the option to buy between these two brands for jigging series -which one will you choose and why..

Thanks

Regards

Marko Zakaria

conchydong

Neither would be my preferred reels as I would want a reel to have both dogs (pawls) and a anti-reverse bearing for Asian style vertical jigging. If you must choose between the two, I believe the Everol would have the better drag  and the Avet would be lighter.
Lots of better choices available for jigging IMO.

wallacewt

Black Pearl

OMOTO VS12 has the double dog system and an one way bearing in it.

Marko

Howdy ,

thanks for all of the comment. i just went to singapore last week and i finally try to crank all types of Overhead jigging reels. name it from Alutecnos, Maxel, Everol and Jigging Master (i already crank JM reels which belongs to my fishing buddy).

and whaddya know - the moment You Crank It there's only one words comes in minds " Money talks-U give peanut U get monkey" -thats whats my business partner always saying.

i give it a small list of how smooth is it (according to my senses) :
1. Everol/alutecnos :
my Goodnes, is it this rough? ??? You can feel the Drive gear teeth met another gear in the cranking handle! it seems that the gear design is kinda old skool over here. yes, these gears are tough-damn tough but it's noisy and rough. but anyway - they promised a good drag and lifetime service with " Italian " taste if engineering.

2. Maxel Reel (which long time a go had been discusses in this forum) :
Okay, this is much better- yes it does not as smooth as a JM but maybe after some light sanding/ rubbing and greasing on the gear will make it much better. and also - their drag in the spec wasn't as strong as JM reel. but put it this way.. how many of us can hold more than 30 lbs of drag when fighting a fish...  :D . most people either will break their back, their arm or being pulled by the fish to the water :P (my opinion)

3. Jigging Master :
Dude..  :o this is the real thing.. so smooth, so light and it looks nice. but Dude.. it's doesn't come cheap and yes.. its neither made in USA/Italy/Germany but instead it was made in Taiwan.

at the end of the day.. JM is the winner for the smoothness...

but the battle is not finished. as i learned a lot from this forum and from the internet that we may "fine tune" our reels - i was challenged to buy everol and Maxel and to fine tune them. after that i can only say "JM is the best/2nd best/loser for OH vertical jigging narrow profile single speed reels in the matter of smoothness" .

ciao

alantani

marko, alot of it depends on the availablity of service or support.  you will always have issues down the line.  the best reel in the world will not help you if it breaks down and parts or service are not available.   :-\
send me an email at alantani@yahoo.com for questions!

Marko

Quote from: alantani on December 03, 2011, 07:26:59 PM
marko, alot of it depends on the availablity of service or support.  you will always have issues down the line.  the best reel in the world will not help you if it breaks down and parts or service are not available.   :-\

I Agree on that. whaddya know, in Indonesia we can only found Daiwa, Penn, Tica and Shimanso brand for good after sales service. other brands seems to be "at your own risk" to own it..

i think it's connected to our "fishing behavior"  as most of the people fish everday dan really abuse their tackle. unlike in USA or NZ or Australia where they gave certain warranty, we dont have it here... :D

USA market was so serviced by most of the brands for after sales and support for their products...

back to topic. i also believe every reel has its own advantages and disadvantages. so, ensuring parts availability for the one that You will buy is the best. ciao....

alantani

gonna have to let someone else tackle that one.  no one here on the west coast uses a jigging style.  i have to check it out sometime.  alan
send me an email at alantani@yahoo.com for questions!

wallacewt

Marko

conchydong

Marko, You should have Jigging Masters (lever drag) and Shimano Ocea Jiggers (star drag) available in Indonesia. They would be the first two reels that I would look at for Jigging.

Marko

@ conchy : honestly, even i sold these JM reel to some customers. but okay.. they're amazingly fine. but you know, i just want to have something a bit cheaper and Ocea jigger was just not "a value for money". i already have the anti reverse+carbontex tuned Shimano Torium 30 anyway. but i thinks it's best for trolling ... ;D . i need a narrow profile.

anyway i'm a bit curious. Some brands do sell Popping rod with Baitcast reel seat. what type/brand of overhead reel for popping we can actually use? i was curious to go throw some popper using popping rod and jigging reel.. i wonder what would happen.. especially when the fish bite... :P

Bullshipper

I love my Maxel 08. For $250, its hard to beat, unless you go to 2 speed and spend more $$.
The 4.5 ratio is fast enough to get strikes, less tiring than the 6 to 1 and gives you more leverage with more drag large strong fighters than my Torsa 16N.

My Avet JK 2 speed Raptor is also good, but costs 2x as much, is a bit heavier, does not have as smooth a drag, does not have the power handle, is a bit heavy and the anti reverse is not near as good as the Maxel or Shimano. But the JX 2 speed is very handy with large yellowtail/kingfish on heavy drags to keep them out of the rocks.

My friend has 2 years on his 2 charting every day and he is selling his Torsa's as he can get 2 Maxwels for the price of a used Torsa. He uses 100 yards of 60 lb mono combined with about 200 yds of 60 pound spectra like me, and he flips the line using spectra on top for jigging in the cool winter, then the same mono on top for trolling when its hot for sailfish, dorado and striped marlin on adifferent rods.

basto

Quote from: conchydong on December 11, 2011, 04:54:20 PM
Marko, You should have Jigging Masters (lever drag) and Shimano Ocea Jiggers (star drag) available in Indonesia. They would be the first two reels that I would look at for Jigging.
Me too!
DAM Quick 3001      SHIMANO Spedmaster 3   Jigging Master PE5n

albasha

Quote from: alantani on December 03, 2011, 07:26:59 PM
Hi Alan,
from my own experience with EVEROL, either buying through online purchase, or sending the reel for service, i thumb up for them.
they repaired and fully renovated my reel in less than 24 hours, and for a very low price, they charged me only the parts price.
thanks