Dam Quick | BX-40

Started by wailua boy, December 10, 2019, 10:18:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

wailua boy

Aloha ohana. I recently picked up my second BX-40 it came with a box and a few documents, take a look. I was looking for a part reel but this one popped up in great shape and I may shelve it but not to sure. I do enjoy fishing with these reels. Thanks for looking.

mo65

Interesting reel...that's the first time I've seen one of these. In that condition and boxed...I'd shelve that one. 8)
~YOU CAN TUNA GEETAR...BUT YOU CAN'T TUNA FEESH~

wailua boy

wailua boy

wailua boy

wailua boy

I seem to be only able to post 2 pics at a time

wailua boy

Thanks Mo. She would look good as a shelfie.

wailua boy

Here's a pic of the gear box. This is a pic of my first BX from another thread.

mo65

That looks a lot like my 111 Finessa XL under the hood. I'm not well versed in Quick history...I'm not sure if mine came before or after yours.

Midway Tommy

I'm not well versed on those Japanese Dams either, Mike, but it is my understanding that Dam allowed that spring loaded folding handle from the '01 & '02 series' to be incorporated into some of the early Japanese models after production was moved to Japan. That folding handle is certainly a cool feature.  ;) 
Love those open face spinning reels! (Especially ABU & ABU/Zebco Cardinals)

Tommy D (ORCA), NE

Favorite Activity? ............... In our boat fishing
RELAXING w/ MY BEST FRIEND (My wife Bonnie)

wailua boy

Nice score on the 111 Mo. I'm a fan of those reels. I think they were some of the last manufactured out of Germany.

Edit-I just noticed yours is manufactured out of Japan. I have a 444 and 333 and both manufactured out of Germany and assumed they all were.

oc1

There was no West Germany before 1961 and after 1991.  It was just Germany.  Correct??  They are calling it Western (not West) Germany though so maybe it's a cultural thing.
-steve

basto

Mo, that 111 is a very interesting looking reel. Do you have any pics of the innards?
Greg
DAM Quick 3001      SHIMANO Spedmaster 3   Jigging Master PE5n

mo65

Quote from: basto on December 11, 2019, 08:01:26 AM
Mo, that 111 is a very interesting looking reel. Do you have any pics of the innards?
Greg

Sure do Greg...just follow this link over to the "B-Grade" thread. There is also a schematic and manual...they should show any interesting points I may have missed. 8)

https://alantani.com/index.php?topic=28278.msg327969#msg327969

basto

Ah yes, I did read that. It has some great features like the anti reverse, sprung fold away handle, and the spool adjustment disc.
Nice big drag surface too.
Greg
DAM Quick 3001      SHIMANO Spedmaster 3   Jigging Master PE5n