How to make a double paddle handle to power handle?

Started by Christopher M Songer, December 26, 2019, 02:17:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Christopher M Songer

Just a Zebco 33 Classic feather touch that I got with a way too small handle. I have like 10 of these Okuma handles and thought what the heck lets give it a try. Used the screw hole location for a new handle shaft hole and cut off the grip. This configuration seems to work very well but not sure how to proceed. I want to make a counter balance for this or should I just cut off the stem the grip was on? Any ideas are welcome!
Always go forward, never go straight

Christopher M Songer

I could epoxy a nut and washers on the stem and cut flush but there has to be a better way. Or like I said, just cut the stem off with no counter weight?  I must be bored. lol
Always go forward, never go straight

gstours

Howdy, glad your on to improving things your now happy with there.  Handles are a personal thing butt if it were me I,d try to have a double knob like the origional,  Its going to feel more "natural" and will counterbalance automatically.     Just my 2 cents. ;)

Gfish

A counterbalence might make it funner to build. Somethin like this'ed have me cruisin around the hardware store, the only type of shoppin  I enjoy.
Fishing tackle is an art form and all fish caught on the right tackle are"Gfish"!