Some Classic Color

Started by mo65, January 20, 2020, 06:37:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mo65

8) All is not black & chrome...although that rocks too! 8)
~YOU CAN TUNA GEETAR...BUT YOU CAN'T TUNA FEESH~

foakes

Nice display, Mike!

Best, Fred
The Official, Un-Authorized Service and Restoration Center for quality vintage spinning reels.

D-A-M Quick, Penn, Mitchell, and ABU/Zebco Cardinals

--------

The first rule of fishing is to fish where the fish are. The second rule of fishing is to never forget the first rule.

"Enjoy the little things in Life — For someday, you may look back — and realize that they were the big things"
                                                     Fred O.

Midway Tommy

Nice, Mike! You need some green & cream and black & tan, though. One brown & almond ain't quite enough! ;D
Love those open face spinning reels! (Especially ABU & ABU/Zebco Cardinals)

Tommy D (ORCA), NE

Favorite Activity? ............... In our boat fishing
RELAXING w/ MY BEST FRIEND (My wife Bonnie)

mo65

Quote from: Midway Tommy on January 20, 2020, 06:58:24 PM
Nice, Mike! You need some green & cream and black & tan, though. One brown & almond ain't quite enough! ;D

I agree! I have a green/cream 6 on the way. I'm surprised Fred didn't want to know where all the Quicks were...there isn't a single one in that pic! Here's a Champion 1000, a Finessa XL 111, a 221, a Finessa 285, and a 270. The rest are on rods.

Donnyboat

Nice collection mike thanks for showing, cheers Don.
Don, or donnyboat

Gfish

I see what looks like a Zebco Cardinal way in back, in pic. #1, that'ed be green n' cream.
Very nice collection Mo, you really got good color variation on the conventionals. What'er you missing up there-yellow sideplates maybe? One them Mitchell conventionals?
Fishing tackle is an art form and all fish caught on the right tackle are"Gfish"!

Benni3

Very nice collection,,,,,,,, ;D

Darin Crofton

God, Family and Fishing, what else is there?

festus

Great collection, those green and grey Penn conventionals, especially.

For a patriotic flare, a Shakespeare 1976 would be a good add.

Midway Tommy

Quote from: festus on January 21, 2020, 01:34:16 AM
Great collection, those green and grey Penn conventionals, especially.

For a patriotic flare, a Shakespeare 1976 would be a good add.

Those Bi-Centennials are cool looking, especially if they have all their decals but don't buy one to use. They really lack in the quality department.
Love those open face spinning reels! (Especially ABU & ABU/Zebco Cardinals)

Tommy D (ORCA), NE

Favorite Activity? ............... In our boat fishing
RELAXING w/ MY BEST FRIEND (My wife Bonnie)

happyhooker

Sharkb8

milne

Wow Mo,  That is a brilliant collection and display you got going there.
         Even liked the writing sliding across the screen too   ;D.
         That's 2 displays I've seen today, I'm embarrassed,,, and I need to do something about it !.
   Hard act to follow there bud,  thanks for sharing.......

Col

mo65

Quote from: Gfish on January 20, 2020, 10:20:40 PM
I see what looks like a Zebco Cardinal way in back, in pic. #1, that'ed be green n' cream.
Very nice collection Mo, you really got good color variation on the conventionals. What'er you missing up there-yellow sideplates maybe? One them Mitchell conventionals?

That's actually a brown/almond 7X back there G. And guess what...I do have one of the Mitch 600s! Here it is alongside a few other colorful players. From top left clockwise: Mitchell 620, Daiwa Millionaire 3H, Ambassadeur 5000, Eagle Claw 508 HD, JC Higgins Monospool, Pflueger Sea Lion 1775, and a Heddon 499. The blue plates on the Higgins are so vibrant they make the teal green Heddon look almost black! 8)

xjchad

Husband, Father, Fisherman