Quick 220 drag stack questions...

Started by Beachmaster, January 25, 2020, 10:19:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mo65

Way to go! I bet when those coil springs arrive your drag range will come back. As far as that scrapping sound, I have a 220 and a 270 that do the same thing. I've never pinpointed it yet. I think it's just the nature of the beast. Enjoy your reel! 8)
~YOU CAN TUNA GEETAR...BUT YOU CAN'T TUNA FEESH~

Beachmaster

Man I am so excited.  I have a yellow Eagle Claw Featherlight 6-12 lb 6'6" rod that I am about to go put it on and make some casts in the yard with it!  To me this 220 is about the same size/class as a Penn 712Z.

Midway Tommy

Mike, I think maybe the schematic you posted is such the the 8 in 100-086 & 100-087 actually looks like a 6 but is really an 8. Especially since Fred's schematic lists those same washers & part #s and his is a little more legible. You might want to check your copy to see if part of that 8 is faint.   
Love those open face spinning reels! (Especially ABU & ABU/Zebco Cardinals)

Tommy D (ORCA), NE

Favorite Activity? ............... In our boat fishing
RELAXING w/ MY BEST FRIEND (My wife Bonnie)

Beachmaster

Quote from: Midway Tommy on February 03, 2020, 04:00:26 AM
Mike, I think maybe the schematic you posted is such the the 8 in 100-086 & 100-087 actually looks like a 6 but is really an 8. Especially since Fred's schematic lists those same washers & part #s and his is a little more legible. You might want to check your copy to see if part of that 8 is faint.   

I thought the same thing Tommy.  Springs will be here tomorrow, mail is running late for some reason...

Beachmaster

Got it! Works great!