Omoto reels - need Help

Started by azhar, November 21, 2011, 03:57:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

azhar

Hi Alan,

I`m from Singapore.Recently i just bought Omoto reels vs-12 model.After using for few days, i intend to service the reel by myself.I dismantle parts by parts and discovered that 3 items not in the parts list base on the owners manual.
                NO             Part Name   
         1)   #30               (Dog Cover x2)
         2)   #31               (Dog x2)
         3)   #61               (Ratchet Gear)   

So far there`s no major/minor problem when using the reels.The reels was very strong and reliable.
With your experience,can you advice me why this parts are not included and what is the purpose having this 3 parts? Are this optional parts to all Omoto V-series?With or without this parts any difference?
I appreciate your advice and look forward to your reply.

Tks & RGDS

Azhar 

Irish Jigger

Contact  Black Pearl Fishing who regularly posts on here,he should be able to help you.

azhar

Do you have his contact number?

Black Pearl

Quote from: azhar on November 21, 2011, 03:57:59 PM
Hi Alan,

I`m from Singapore.Recently i just bought Omoto reels vs-12 model.After using for few days, i intend to service the reel by myself.I dismantle parts by parts and discovered that 3 items not in the parts list base on the owners manual.
                NO             Part Name   
         1)   #30               (Dog Cover x2)
         2)   #31               (Dog x2)
         3)   #61               (Ratchet Gear)   

So far there`s no major/minor problem when using the reels.The reels was very strong and reliable.
With your experience,can you advice me why this parts are not included and what is the purpose having this 3 parts? Are this optional parts to all Omoto V-series?With or without this parts any difference?

Tks & RGDS

Azhar 

Hi Azhar,

I think I can answer your question. OMOTO has 3 versions of VS12 in production as following.

1.) Original VS12 with single dog system.
2.) VS12 Infinity with a single dog system and an one way bearing.
3.) VS12 XPower with double dogs system.
4.) This is a special made one. VS12 Infinity XPower. It has all versions above.

It is depended on which version you bought. There is a very big difference in price.

The following link is the VS I am selling (VS12 Infinity XPower) in this site.

http://alantani.com/index.php?topic=2065.0

I hope this will help.

Thanks,
--Alan

azhar

Hi Alan Chui

Thanks for your great reply.
I bought VS12 X-Power model with dual dogs A/R system.Base on the box cover and manual,the system should come with this model but internally it doesn`t come with it.I was very curious about it because few of my friends also having the same situation.I already make an enquiry to Omoto Taiwan and  Helen Pu from Sales Dept. already reply to the issue.

Quote:-

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Dear Azhar :

Thank you for choosing OMOTO reel for fishing.

There are two products for VS series, one is INFINITE; another is X-POWER. Usually, INFINITE should be with one-way A/R ( Anti-Reverse ) Drag System for structures; X-POWER should be with 2 docking A/R ( Anti-Reverse ) Drag System structures besides Malaysia and Singapore. Specially, our agent ask us to use one-way A/R ( Anti-Reverse ) Drag System specially for X-POWER structures in Malaysia and Singapore . That is the reason why you couldn't find parts #30, #31, and #61
in X-POWER. 

You will see our agent's information as follows :

HAIYEN SPORTS FISHING SDN. BHD.
NO. 22-26, Jalan Tanjung, Taman Tangkak Jaya 6, 84900 Tangkak, Johor, W. Malaysia
TEL : +60-6-9789588
TEL : +60-6-9781752
MR. EU JIN HO
E-Mail Address : haiyen_msia@yahoo.com

Please feel free to contact our agent, if you have any question.

Best regards,
Helen Pu / Sales Dept.
Omoto Fishing Tackle Co., LTD
Tel: +886-4-22155958 # 203
Fax:+886-4-22150700
http://www.fishing-tackle.com.tw

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Anyway thanks for your help.I`ll will liase with the agent regards the issue.The reels was very good and strong.It can drag up to 20kg without any problem.
I appreciated your reply.

Thanks and RGDS

Azhar

Attached photo of my reel.

Black Pearl

Cool. Have fun with the VS12....

azhar

Quote from: Black Pearl Fishing Tackle on November 22, 2011, 07:02:29 PM

Yes Alan,very cool.But internally there`s no build-in any single dog system or double dogs system as u mention.I think some where,some one,had already modify the system even the gear shaft is totally difference from it`s original.FYI, is not only me having this problem.All infinity and x-power model in my country Singapore and also Malaysia does not come with this system.I feedback to the Omoto(HQ) in Taiwan and they ask me to liase with the authorize agent for Omoto in Malaysia.In the emails, the agent have to wait for the parts to be send to Malaysia by Omoto(HQ).
Well,i do not know how long must i wait for the parts??????????   

Black Pearl

Quote from: azhar on November 24, 2011, 10:14:52 AM
Quote from: Black Pearl Fishing Tackle on November 22, 2011, 07:02:29 PM

Yes Alan,very cool.But internally there`s no build-in any single dog system or double dogs system as u mention.I think some where,some one,had already modify the system even the gear shaft is totally difference from it`s original.FYI, is not only me having this problem.All infinity and x-power model in my country Singapore and also Malaysia does not come with this system.I feedback to the Omoto(HQ) in Taiwan and they ask me to liase with the authorize agent for Omoto in Malaysia.In the emails, the agent have to wait for the parts to be send to Malaysia by Omoto(HQ).
Well,i do not know how long must i wait for the parts??????????   
Hi, I think it is the agent in Malaysia who changed the system. About the gear shaft, OMOTO came out the new designed gear shaft about few months ago. Even my stocks are using the traditional design which I think it is better. You just need to keep checking with the Malaysia OMOTO's agent. You will be ok....

Here is an inside right side-plate picture of my VS12 stock.

azhar

Thanks Allan for your advice.I look forward for the parts to be arrive.The picture show exactly the same as mind.Only double dog system is missing.If you don`t mind,can u post the single dog system and an one way bearing picture if any.Cause i wanted to clarify with the agent regards on their statement.

Best Regards

Any difference?

Black Pearl

Quote from: azhar on November 25, 2011, 07:17:45 PM
Thanks Allan for your advice.I look forward for the parts to be arrive.The picture show exactly the same as mind.Only double dog system is missing.If you don`t mind,can u post the single dog system and an one way bearing picture if any.Cause i wanted to clarify with the agent regards on their statement.

Best Regards

Any difference?

Sorry, I don't carry any Infinity version. As far as I know that if it is an Infinity version, it will be equipped with the lower dog (from my picture) and an one way bearing inside the handle.

I only carry Infinity and XPower in one. By looking at the pictures you provided, it seems that it is missing the lower dog. I believe that your reel does come with the one way bearing. Otherwise, your reel can crank backward.

azhar

OK. now i understand the puzzle.My reel version X-Power but the system A/R using Infinity version.
Is totally difference from what the sales guy had mention to me when buying the reels,the box cover and the owner`s manual.And of cause there`s really big difference in price.Well,i learnt something new in my life as an angler.
Thank you Allan for sharing the knowledge. 

Best Regards 

Black Pearl

Quote from: azhar on November 26, 2011, 07:35:54 PM
OK. now i understand the puzzle.My reel version X-Power but the system A/R using Infinity version.
Is totally difference from what the sales guy had mention to me when buying the reels,the box cover and the owner`s manual.And of cause there`s really big difference in price.Well,i learnt something new in my life as an angler.
Thank you Allan for sharing the knowledge. 

Best Regards 
I believe that your VS12 is Infinity, not XPower. OMOTO put the wrong indicator on the box. You see, my VS12 had both functionality system (Infinity and XPower), but the little striker is placed "Infinity" on the box. I have to let my customer knows that it has both. The reason I requested both systems on VS12 because if one system fails while fishing, the other system will still be in place. You know what I mean, don't you?   

azhar

Very strange,even though the shipment came with this 2 or 3 version,the reels must build-in dogs. Either single or double dogs.But for my case there is no any dogs build inside the reels.And that is very important parts for the safety purpose to angler.
The box,manuals,stickers or any sort of indication is part of the item description.If they are not tally that means something is wrong somewhere.Regards Taiwan reply,the reels comes with single dog and a one-way bearings.But the authorize agents claims that the reel only build-in one-way bearings without any dogs.         
So which is which? And my reel indicate X-power version.
For your reels at least proven came with the safety dogs even though difference to the box indicator.
There`s a few anglers in my country already bought X-power version and having the same problem as me.
I think sooner Taiwan Omoto will recall back all the X-power series to build-in dogs.Hope fully.

Black Pearl

Quote from: azhar on November 28, 2011, 03:40:42 PM
Very strange,even though the shipment came with this 2 or 3 version,the reels must build-in dogs. Either single or double dogs.But for my case there is no any dogs build inside the reels.And that is very important parts for the safety purpose to angler.
The box,manuals,stickers or any sort of indication is part of the item description.If they are not tally that means something is wrong somewhere.Regards Taiwan reply,the reels comes with single dog and a one-way bearings.But the authorize agents claims that the reel only build-in one-way bearings without any dogs.         
So which is which? And my reel indicate X-power version.
For your reels at least proven came with the safety dogs even though difference to the box indicator.
There`s a few anglers in my country already bought X-power version and having the same problem as me.
I think sooner Taiwan Omoto will recall back all the X-power series to build-in dogs.Hope fully.

Let me explain. My version of VS12 is special order from OMOTO to combine both Infinity and XPower in one. I believe that the agent special ordered their VS12 in XPower with an one way bearing and without any dog. If you buy VS12 Xpower next time, you should crank the handle while the drag is on, you should hear the dog kicking. Then, you can be sure that is VS12 XPower. I don't think OMOTO will recall any of those VS12 because it is really not the manufacturer's fault. I guess it is hp to the agent in your area to make that call.

Good luck to you and keep me posted.

azhar

I agreed with you Alan, may be the Malaysia agent ordered this version without dogs.I`m new to Omoto brand reels and i assumed that everythings included base on the box,manuals and reels.I trusted the sales guy claims that the dogs was in silence mode.Now i learnt something that Omoto reels does not come with silence dogs which claims by the sales guy.There are so many reels in the market even the non-branded reels comes with dogs. And i don`t understand why Malaysia agent exclude the dogs.
Anyway thanks for your explaination.This should be the way to informed the customer so that there will be no misunderstanding between each party before or after buying the products.
FYI I have received e-mails from Malaysia agent to re-build my reels with dogs.I hope the agent keep his words.I`ll keep in-touch with you for any outcome regards my issue.

Quote :

To: Azhar Ali <azharali_08@yahoo.com.sg>
Sent: Friday, 25 November 2011, 14:02
Subject: Re: Need Advice.

Dear Azhar,
About after 14 days will arrive our shop, then we will arrange to Fishingline immediately.

Best Regards
Haiyen Sports Fishing Sdn Bhd
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
To: E TSao <haiyen_msia@yahoo.com>
Sent: Thursday, November 24, 2011 11:29 PM

Dear Mr.E Tsao,
Estimated , when can u receive the parts from Omoto Taiwan?
I`ve fishing tournament will  be held on coming January 12 and i need to use the reels for deep sea fishing.

Regards
Azhar
To: Azhar Ali <azharali_08@yahoo.com.sg>
Sent: Wednesday, 23 November 2011, 14:33

Dear Azhar,
We have contact with Omoto, they will send the Infinite A/R System part to us. When we receive, we will send one set to Fishingline Tackle at Permas Jaya, after than we will contact you to bring your reel to there, we will ask the Fishingline build in for you.
If still have any enquiry, you may let us know.

Thanks You.
Best Regards
Haiyen Sports Fishing Sdn Bhd