New member from FL

Started by NesandAaca, November 19, 2011, 10:13:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

NesandAaca

I actually have a crap load of gear. I have a Penn 9/0 already I had a international 30w but sold it I I've caught 2 10+ hammer heads in Naples Fl and a lot of bulls, lemons, and so on I'm actually very experienced. I don't mind the okumas being heavy I want the power I just need a reel with more room so I can go to the beaches more often then not piers get crowded. I'm a hefty guy so the weights no issue lol and i won't be casting it
Shark fishing from land! WHAT???

Alto Mare

How would you be loading the Okumas, some pros only like to use straight mono for shark fishing.
Forget about all the reasons why something may not work. You only need to find one good reason why it will.

Rare

Quote from: Pescachaser on November 21, 2011, 04:32:44 AM
  I suppose you can use the heavy reels with a fighting belt and harness.    Dominick

I like to use it...lol ;D Some of the guys I going fishing with love shark fishing. Me, I might start getting into it. That's a 12/0 with some kind of mod done to it if I am not mistaken. The star drag is locked down, the shark won that day. lol It's all C&R

NesandAaca

Quote from: Alto Mare on November 21, 2011, 12:12:18 PM
How would you be loading the Okumas, some pros only like to use straight mono for shark fishing.
I actually load it up with braid maybe a topshot and I always use a at least 25ft leader
Shark fishing from land! WHAT???

coastalobsession

Welcome Aboard!!! This site is filled with TONS of information.
Coastal Obsession Deckhand and reel cleaning