What is this reel?

Started by Keta, November 23, 2011, 04:09:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Keta

This reel has been around my shop/barn for several years and I don't know where it came from or what it is.  What do I have here? 

The only  mark on the reel, "300"

Freespool  engaged

Freespool disengaged, handle hits lever and it  engages

Hi, my name is Lee and I have a fishing gear problem.

I have all of the answers, yup, no, maybe.

A man who carries a cat by the tail learns something he can learn in no other way.
Mark Twain

Jimmer

From the free spool mechanism and the handle style I would say its an Ocean city or a knock off (copy).
What - me worry?   A.E.Neumann

Alto Mare

Quote from: Jimmer on November 23, 2011, 04:58:28 PM
From the free spool mechanism and the handle style I would say its an Ocean city or a knock off (copy).

x2
Forget about all the reasons why something may not work. You only need to find one good reason why it will.

Norcal Pescador

Rob

Measure once, cut twice. Or is it the other way around? ::)

"A good man knows his limits." - Inspector Harry Callahan, SFPD

Keta

Thanks, it looks like I have a Ocean City "Bay City 300".

A man who carries a cat by the tail learns something he can learn in no other way.
Mark Twain

alantani

there were several "house brands" made by ocean city.  it would be the same as having penn make a k-mart or walmart reel.  it is definitely an ocean city design.  to bad the logos fell off. 
send me an email at alantani@yahoo.com for questions!

Keta

I found another similar reel, smaller, 150 on reel foot, no take down knobs and the logo medalion still attached.  It is a
"ALL COAST" reel and the medalion has "Patented"  311-550, and "Made in USA" on it.

I'll post photos of it and some other old reels I found in the stuff I got at dad's house, when he sold it and moved, as soon as I go to the shop, a 2 mile drive toward town.

Mark Twain