Bearing-packer parts storage

Started by Alto Mare, November 25, 2011, 03:44:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Alto Mare

Here is a tip for maintaining Alan's bearing-packer parts in a no-mess easy storage way. I'm sure most of you have this stuff in your house. The container is a band-aid box. It comes in a 3-pack from Castco, the cups are the tops of detergent bottles. They're very durable. Hope this helps, take care. Sal
PS Alan, I really like these tools!

Forget about all the reasons why something may not work. You only need to find one good reason why it will.

Nessie Hunter

Very nice!!!!

Will try that ASAP...   Thanks....
"Life is not a journey to the grave with the intentions of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body. But rather to slide in sideways, thoroughly used up, totally worn out and loudly proclaiming....
WOW!!! WHAT A RIDE!

coastalobsession

Good idea. I will have to get one of those bearing packers once I get some more customers. Thanks for sharing.
Coastal Obsession Deckhand and reel cleaning

alantani

i stopped sending out bearing packers with zerx fittings.  i found that they did not work that well.  now i use a piece of tubing with 1/8th inch pipe thread on either side so that the bearing packer is bolted straight onto the grease gun. 
send me an email at alantani@yahoo.com for questions!

Alto Mare

Mine is still working fine Alan, BUT, I don't service a couple of dozen reels a day as you probably do ;D.
Forget about all the reasons why something may not work. You only need to find one good reason why it will.