Don's reel cabinet

Started by mhc, February 28, 2020, 11:21:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

mhc

Donnyboat has passed the point of no return with reel collecting - he has brought them out of the closet and put them on display in the living area of his home.  :)
From Don;
The cabinet has on the 2 bottom shelves all Penn Senators plus a 4/0 on the top, on the outside on rods there is a 14/0 on the left & a 10/0 on the right.
    On the third shelf, from left, Sailfisher 130, Seaboy 190, ocean City Bay City, Penn 85, Jigmaster 500L on top of box, Penn longbeach 68 on box, a red Penn jigmaster 500 S, Penn 155, Penn Squidder 140, Penn 349 with hex screws, and a Penn 150.
    Top shelf, Michell 499& a 4898 both with the single roller arms, a Mitchell 489 with bail arm, two Seamartin Australian reels, in the centre there is a Alvey 651-C5, the good model with the grease cap on the back of the centre pin.

Over to you Don.

Mike

It can't be too difficult - a lot of people do it.

Donnyboat

Thanks again Mike for posting these pics for me, I did not mention, the box of red head matches, on the second shelf from the bottom, just for size comparison, also on the top shelf there is a Pflueger Akron 1893, reel for size comparison, I think this reel was made around 1916. cheers Don
Don, or donnyboat

Crow

There's nothing wrong with a few "F's" on your record....Food, Fun, Flowers, Fishing, Friends, and Fun....to name just a few !

mo65

Your collection looks awesome Don. 8)
~YOU CAN TUNA GEETAR...BUT YOU CAN'T TUNA FEESH~

54bullseye

Lookin good !!!   John Taylor

Donnyboat

Thanks everyone, one thing I did not mention, was the Cabinet cost me AU$130:00, cheers Don.
Don, or donnyboat

Maxed Out

Very nice Don, now you have more closet space to fill

Your collection and display is very impressive. Love the mirror behind the reels. It instantly doubles your collection and all the bling !!

Ted
We Must Never Forget Our Veterans....God Bless Them All !!

xjchad

Very cool Don!!  8)

What is that spinning reel in the top/right of the cabinet? It looks huge with a lot of line capacity!
Husband, Father, Fisherman

Donnyboat

Thanks everyone, Chad the spinning reel top Right with the shinny hook, is the Australian made Sea Martin, they were made in the mid 60`s, the hook revolves back & forth giding the line onto the spool, in a criss cross pattern, cheers  Don.
Don, or donnyboat

Alto Mare

Very nice cabinet and collection Don, I hope you'll get many years of enjoyment from it.

Sal
Forget about all the reasons why something may not work. You only need to find one good reason why it will.

basto

Good work Don. You must be very proud of them.
Greg
DAM Quick 3001      SHIMANO Spedmaster 3   Jigging Master PE5n

Bill B

It may not be very productive,
but it's sure going to be interesting!

Dominick

Leave the gun.  Take the cannolis.

There are two things I don't like about fishing.  Getting up early in the morning and boats.  The rest of it is fun.

Donnyboat

Thanks Sal, Bill & Dom, Basto,it took a bit of elbow grease, the 10/0 is quite rough externally, I had two of them, placed all the best parts in one & sold it to a mate for half the price it cost me for the two of them, this one, I still have I was going to fish with it, so I converted it to CF drag washers, the gearing is in really good condition. good Senator are a bit hard to come by here in Aussie, specialy the small, 1/0 & 1/0`s, also the 12/0 to the 16/0, cheers Don.
Don, or donnyboat

Sharkb8

Very nice cabinet and a cool collection or reels you got there Don

Kim