finally got my 280

Started by basto, March 04, 2020, 03:45:02 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

basto

Hi all
Found this little 1956 Finessa on eBay and even got a box with it. It is not in pristine condition with it's marks and scrapes, but it has plenty of life left in it yet. Not that I plan on fishing it. I have plenty others for that.
I am not going to touch up the paint or change the drag etc, etc. It is totally original and is going to stay that way.
I did service it and it functions very nicely now.
I was even lucky enough to find a coloured one.
Greg

DAM Quick 3001      SHIMANO Spedmaster 3   Jigging Master PE5n

Rivverrat

No issue here fishing the 280 Finessa. I've one that looks to never have been used but no box. The ones with copper colored side plate I believe were earlier models... Jeff

Midway Tommy

Love those open face spinning reels! (Especially ABU & ABU/Zebco Cardinals)

Tommy D (ORCA), NE

Favorite Activity? ............... In our boat fishing
RELAXING w/ MY BEST FRIEND (My wife Bonnie)

basto

Hi Jeff and Tommy
I have bought many different brands of vintage reels, but the DAM reels seem to not often have much wrong with them.
Greg

mo65

I like those copper plate models...cool reel Greg! 8)
~YOU CAN TUNA GEETAR...BUT YOU CAN'T TUNA FEESH~

basto

basto

Quote from: Rivverrat on March 04, 2020, 04:55:12 AM
No issue here fishing the 280 Finessa. I've one that looks to never have been used but no box. The ones with copper colored side plate I believe were earlier models... Jeff

Jeff
I believe you are correct. Three reasons are my 280 has a grooved spool shaft for its internal single eared drag washers. Next is that the 270 line counter reel has the same and it appeared at the same time as the 280. And, the 270 has the round ball, "L" type a/r lever as my 280.  And there is also a link between these 2 reels that appears on the box of my 280 and it is called the Junior Super.
Greg

Donnyboat

Nice find Greg, and interesting, thanks for posting, cheers Don.
Don, or donnyboat

basto

hi Don
Yes, sorry about the oversize photos. I must remember to set my camera on the correct setting.
Greg