Finished up an old DQ 285 Yesterday

Started by foakes, March 19, 2020, 03:07:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

foakes

A member sent me an old 285 Finessa for a service and restore.

Completed it yesterday -- building another DQ 110N for the same member that will also go back to him in the same box.

Best,

Fred
The Official, Un-Authorized Service and Restoration Center for quality vintage spinning reels.

D-A-M Quick, Penn, Mitchell, and ABU/Zebco Cardinals

--------

The first rule of fishing is to fish where the fish are. The second rule of fishing is to never forget the first rule.

"Enjoy the little things in Life — For someday, you may look back — and realize that they were the big things"
                                                     Fred O.

xjchad

Wow, that's quite a transformation! 
Husband, Father, Fisherman

Maxed Out

Quote from: xjchad on March 19, 2020, 03:28:26 PM
Wow, that's quite a transformation! 

I fully agree with you Chad. Nobody can top Fred on his spinner restorations !!
We Must Never Forget Our Veterans....God Bless Them All !!

festus

Looks brand new.  I see you had to replace the housing on account of a broken foot.

foakes

Completed the DQ 110N for the same member who the Finessa 285 was restored for yesterday.

Built this one out of the parts bins -- all new.

Checked for all proper functions, tested, micro-tuned, bagged and ready to go out tomorrow morning.

These are really excellent little Microlite reels for Trout, Crappie, Panfish, and Bass.

They will handle a much larger fish than they are designed for without blowing up.  Just ready for the next cast after landing.

My personal best on one of these little high-speeds is a 12.2 lb German Brown that measured 30".

Best,

Fred

The Official, Un-Authorized Service and Restoration Center for quality vintage spinning reels.

D-A-M Quick, Penn, Mitchell, and ABU/Zebco Cardinals

--------

The first rule of fishing is to fish where the fish are. The second rule of fishing is to never forget the first rule.

"Enjoy the little things in Life — For someday, you may look back — and realize that they were the big things"
                                                     Fred O.

xjchad

A brand new 110!  :o

I love seeing the reels you build Fred!
Husband, Father, Fisherman

BocaSnook1

Beautiful restorations.

Both reels look better than new.

Tad

Darin Crofton

Great job as always, Fred, you are inspiring!
God, Family and Fishing, what else is there?

Alto Mare

The DQ master!... very nice job Fred!

Sal
Forget about all the reasons why something may not work. You only need to find one good reason why it will.