Quantum Cabo CBC 31PTS baitcaster.

Started by retiredandfishing, March 30, 2020, 12:26:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

retiredandfishing

Working on this Quantum baitcaster.  It is a left hand reel.  Left hand side plate (handle side) will not come off.  Have removed the two screws that are evident on the side plate but cannot get plate to budge. There is a plate on the top that has a slider button on it that appears to come off. But, I don't want to put to much pressure on it until I find out if it pops off or not.  Anyone been into one of these before? Could be it's just corroded on but I don't want to pry to hard and find out there is something I missed.  Any help you can be would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks. Steve

mhc

Hi Steve, I haven't worked on a quantum, but the abu revo has a third screw behind the spool. You need to remove the non-handle sideplate and spool to access it - maybe the quantum have something similar  :-\

Mike
It can't be too difficult - a lot of people do it.

retiredandfishing

oc1

I don't know the reel.  That button is part of a quick-take-apart latch that allows you to rotate the tail plate and remove it.  It will rotate clockwise on a left hand reel.  Then remove spool.
-steve

Zimbass

Hi Steve,

Are you sure this is not the CBC 31 PTS model ? Not seen anything like a CEC model before, but could be wrong.

As said by the others, the gear side has a retaining screw on the spool side, so removal of the palming side is necessary to access the screw.

Schematic is available online.

Cheers,

Terry.
Never was so much owed by so many to so few.

retiredandfishing

Thanks All.  I'll give it a try and get back to you on how it comes out.

Steve

retiredandfishing

Thanks to all.  Got the reel apart.  The right side plate (non handle side) rotates after pulling back the lock pin as suggested.  Then the stabilizer bars (A and B) must be screwed out to allow the left (handle) side plate to come off as they thread all the way through and help hold the left side plate on..  I had the schematic, trouble is it does not show that the stabilizer bars hold the side plate on because they are shown removed.  Lesson learned

Must say the reel seems solid.  It's either a 2005 or 2006  (Sorry for the typo it is a CBC not a CEC).  Been fished hard, I know the owner.  Many steelhead caught on it.  I like the reel. Does anyone know where to get parts for these reels?  None needed on this reel but knowing where to go in the future would help.  The owner has 2 others and fishes with all of them.  I could not find many parts for them.  I found some at "Mikes" but nowhere else.

Thanks again.  Steve