Penn 113h Reel/Tank

Started by Alto Mare, December 02, 2011, 02:39:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ShoreKasterHI

Who would i have to contact to get a couple of those SS dogs?

Bryan Young

Contact Keta for the SS dogs.
:D I talk with every part I send out and each reel I repair so that they perform at the top of their game. :D

Bryan Young

ShoreKasterHI,

For the Stainless Gear Sleeve for 113H, 5O7S in Honolulu has one. 

Bryan
:D I talk with every part I send out and each reel I repair so that they perform at the top of their game. :D

Makule

Just as a followup, Jeff at Jvariance advised me that the frame for the 113HLW is not yet available, but is being worked on.  He said it's a "work in progress".
I used to be in a constant state of improvement.  Now I'm in a constant state of renovation.

Alto Mare

Don't get your hopes up Albert. Jeff is a nice guy, but approximately 3 years ago I asked him if he was going to offer kits for the 6/0, he told me that it was in progress but I still haven't seen anything. If you need the wide frame check with reelygone.com, the new Tiburon frame is awesome and I'm sure That he will give you a discount. There is also no need for inner rings with trhe new frame.
You can also check here with Bryan, he might have some left.
Forget about all the reasons why something may not work. You only need to find one good reason why it will.

Makule

I'm not counting on the Jvariance kits.  Just thought I'd let guys know what Jeff said.

He did send me a frame and side plate kit for the narrow 113H and it was fine.  It's too small for me, but a friend wanted it.  I just put up a 113H with Jvariance full kit on ebay yesterday.
I used to be in a constant state of improvement.  Now I'm in a constant state of renovation.

spirt10

Thank you all for these great post. Here is a small twist on the nippled dog spring placement.

spirt10

I heat colored the screws and plated brass to match the motor oil colored frame kit i purchased from Jvariance.

broadway

That's a cool spin on the double dog situation.  What tools did you use to achieve such pristine results with the dog and the side plate?... nicely done!
Also, how does one heat treat screws and brass parts properly to not lose their strength, shape, and to still get the right color.  Is it a crap shoot on the color or is it a calculated ordeal?
Thanks,
Dom

redsetta

Nice work spirit - looks like some delicate dremelling you've done there.
Well done and thanks for sharing.
Cheers, Justin
Fortitudine vincimus - By endurance we conquer

Alto Mare

Wow! nice work Spirit. Would you mind sharing how you did it? It doesn't look like a freehand job. Thanks for sharing. Sal
Forget about all the reasons why something may not work. You only need to find one good reason why it will.

alantani

send me an email at alantani@yahoo.com for questions!

spirt10

Quote from: broadway on June 06, 2012, 06:25:30 PM
That's a cool spin on the double dog situation.  What tools did you use to achieve such pristine results with the dog and the side plate?... nicely done!
Also, how does one heat treat screws and brass parts properly to not lose their strength, shape, and to still get the right color.  Is it a crap shoot on the color or is it a calculated ordeal?
Thanks,
Dom

Here is a list of the tools I used. I have a foredom flex shaft tool. This is very good for small work.  As for tool tips I use the Dremel #199 high speed cutter, #428 carbon steel brush, #426 reinforced cut-off wheel and a small file.
As for heat coloring the screws I dont let them reach a high enough tepature to change the temper. (turn red).  I hold the screw closer to the tip of the torch flame allowing it to turn that brown-golden color.

Alto Mare

Thanks for sharing Spirt. Cheap cordless dremels are worthless, It pays to buy good tools from the start. Looks like I'll be purchasing a Foredom. Can't really afford it at the moment, but what a heck...life 's too short. You must be a machinist, that job is too neat :-\

spirt10

Quote from: Alto Mare on June 08, 2012, 11:50:51 AM
Thanks for sharing Spirt. Cheap cordless dremels are worthless, It pays to buy good tools from the start. Looks like I'll be purchasing a Foredom. Can't really afford it at the moment, but what a heck...life 's too short. You must be a machinist, that job is too neat :-\

Shop for one on ebay. you can find great deals!