Penn 113h Reel/Tank

Started by Alto Mare, December 02, 2011, 02:39:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

spirt10

Quote from: Makule on June 12, 2012, 06:01:34 PM
Quote from: spirt10 on June 12, 2012, 12:28:01 PM
O.K. this is a little off the double dog inovation but addresses the tank idea! after doing all the upgrades. I added one of the K.O. customs handles. Last night I landed a nice Hammer and after the first hour the grip part starded wabeling off the arm. The further into the fight the worse it got until it fell off. I spent the last half hour palming the arm of the setup to land the fish. Intersting but not recomended. My conclusion is the K.O.Kustomz handles do not belong on a TANK or on any reel intended to catch anything larger than a pinfish.

Had the same thing happen.  Locktite, as Lee mentioned.

The threads are trashed. I purchased two, one for each reel I have TANKED! I think JB weld will be applied to the secound one. I am looking foward to getting home to the work bench and investagating how these things are put together. Last night in the dark it appeared the grip axel was pressed in?
The hammer was eight and change. Not that big but I am pleased that was my first hammer. Now look out Tiger!

spirt10

Quote from: spirt10 on June 12, 2012, 08:08:25 PM
Quote from: Makule on June 12, 2012, 06:01:34 PM
Quote from: spirt10 on June 12, 2012, 12:28:01 PM
O.K. this is a little off the double dog inovation but addresses the tank idea! after doing all the upgrades. I added one of the K.O. customs handles. Last night I landed a nice Hammer and after the first hour the grip part starded wabeling off the arm. The further into the fight the worse it got until it fell off. I spent the last half hour palming the arm of the setup to land the fish. Intersting but not recomended. My conclusion is the K.O.Kustomz handles do not belong on a TANK or on any reel intended to catch anything larger than a pinfish.

Had the same thing happen.  Locktite, as Lee mentioned.

I beleave this problem might be fixed by using a left hand threaded axal bolt.
The threads are trashed. I purchased two, one for each reel I have TANKED! I think JB weld will be applied to the secound one. I am looking foward to getting home to the work bench and investagating how these things are put together. Last night in the dark it appeared the grip axel was pressed in?
The hammer was eight and change. Not that big but I am pleased that was my first hammer. Now look out Tiger!

Alto Mare

I wouldn't waste my time, there are lots of good handles out there. Alan might be able to set you up with a nice one  ;).
Forget about all the reasons why something may not work. You only need to find one good reason why it will.

Dr. Jekyll - AKA MeL B

if you decide to glue, try Tamiya threadlock. my friends and i used this for our off-road radio controlled "toys" because it heldup and was easy to remove the screws for post inspection later.

Bryan Young

Right on Bradah.  Thats the way we do it.
:D I talk with every part I send out and each reel I repair so that they perform at the top of their game. :D

Alto Mare

I never thought that this post would  have 10.000 hits :o
Alan, do I win a price ;D....Don't compare it to yours, we won't even get close ;D
Forget about all the reasons why something may not work. You only need to find one good reason why it will.

Bryan Young

Quote from: Alto Mare on June 15, 2012, 04:40:01 PM
I never thought that this post would  have 10.000 hits :o
Alan, do I win a price ;D....Don't compare it to yours, we won't even get close ;D
In anticipation of this, we allowed you to become Moderator for the additional joy and satisfaction that you get for helping other.  Besides, if we subtract how many times you have logged in to this thread, the hits would be 2000.  We all know how satisfied you are looking at your awesomeness creation.
:D I talk with every part I send out and each reel I repair so that they perform at the top of their game. :D

Jerseymic

Alto Mare and your beautiful TANK have led me down the darkest path. Halelujah

Alto Mare

Bryan, if I was checking in everyday it would only be 365, we're talking 10,000 ;D. I do check often, not to see what I did, just curious on who's interested. You know, there are a couple of guys here that have never made a comment on the upgrades from me Justin and others, they know who they are. I'm wondering if they think it's silly. About the 10'000 hits, you already know I was just joking. Yes being a moderator is a good thing to me, thanks again for asking me, I appreciate it. Sal

suitekids

Quote from: Jerseymic on June 15, 2012, 08:06:54 PM

x2, my main man Sal has created a monster......Dan

Bryan Young

Sal, you are a great man, and we are priviledged to have you as a moderator.

I wonder if people think this is silly, and if so, would also glad to hear from you as well with constructive feedback, data, etc. supporting your position. 

Alto Mare

Quote from: suitekids on June 15, 2012, 09:37:09 PM
Quote from: Jerseymic on June 15, 2012, 08:06:54 PM

x2, my main man Sal has created a monster......Dan
Glad to hear you guys are having fun ;D

suitekids

HMMMM.......silly,  I would guess I spent 800 bucks in the past month being silly, so I guess I'm as silly as my buddy Sal

Alto Mare

Quote from: Bryan Young on June 15, 2012, 09:53:19 PM
Sal, you are a great man, and we are priviledged to have you as a moderator.

I wonder if people think this is silly, and if so, would also glad to hear from you as well with constructive feedback, data, etc. supporting your position. 
Bryan, everything is cool, i don't have any enemies ;) Sal

Bryan Young

Sal, I'm only saying that out of the 10K visitors to this post, statistically, there has to be at least 1 that think we are nuts

And by the way, I too have an almost tanked reel but it's a 114HL (6/0) reels awaiting an affordable Newell or Accurate SS gear.  Reel currently has SS gear sleeve, double alternating SS dogs, and an Accurate frame.  Okay, handle and arm are still stock, but planning to put a Kolekar 6/0 handle on.  Still would live 7+1 drag system, not for more drag, but for added smoothness if that is possible.