Penn 113h Reel/Tank

Started by Alto Mare, December 02, 2011, 02:39:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Taily

Quote from: spirt10 on June 19, 2012, 08:38:30 AM
Quote from: Alto Mare on June 11, 2012, 08:28:12 PM
Very nice Duane, thank you!
Lets hope that Jeff realizes what he has here, this could be a great thing for him and us as well.

I recieved an email from Jeff today concerning adding the double dog mod to his next run of frames. Here is his reply. Sounds promising.

JVARIANCE

Hi Duane,

Pretty cool mod.

The side plates are currently machined to work with left handed models. However, demand for lh models are very small and may just add it to the next Gen kits. I will look into it.

Sorry for the late reply and thanks for the suggestion!

If that's the case I'll be unloading a couple of sets of shmick red and gold anodized Accuframes.....  ;) ;D
Nunc est bibendum....

Bryan Young

:D I talk with every part I send out and each reel I repair so that they perform at the top of their game. :D

suitekids

Really great product........someday ::)

Taily

Whoops, meant Accuplates. My bad... ;)
Nunc est bibendum....

Danhans

i cant look at this much longer...usually how much the frame cost??  ;D

alantani

easy, danhans....  breathe.....  good, now slowly back away from the fishing reel.  that's it, one step at a time.  you can do it!  ;D
send me an email at alantani@yahoo.com for questions!

Danhans

;D  ;D  i am actually in my final semester of my degree..just finished my final year project..
i have lots of time but not much money left to spend..
i need to get a part time job at mcdonalds now...   ;D

Keta

Quote from: Danhans on June 26, 2012, 05:54:28 AM
i cant look at this much longer...usually how much the frame cost??  ;D

The frame and spool for my 113HN Tank cost me $133.

http://alantani.com/index.php?topic=1524.0
Hi, my name is Lee and I have a fishing gear problem.

I have all of the answers, yup, no, maybe.

A man who carries a cat by the tail learns something he can learn in no other way.
Mark Twain

Danhans

Quote from: Keta on June 26, 2012, 12:14:30 PM

The frame and spool for my 113HN Tank cost me $133.

ohh boy..that's about RM 425  :'(
thanks Lee..

Makule

Just an update:  My reel now has double dogs, upgraded drag, 4:1 gears, and aftermarket handle.  Used it for the first time this weekend and was very pleased.  Took a few fish, none of them strong enough to pull out the 20 lb. of drag.  Bringing them in was very easy and fast.  This is definitely one of the best reels I've used.  The addition of SS sleeve should about complete the upgrades.

One thing that did bother me a bit was that after having the reel sitting overnight with the drag tight, it was looser in the morning.  Don't think I was stronger when I woke up, but maybe the grease squeezed out.  Was able to tighten it up again, but hope it won't be a chronic issue.

I also now have two 6/0 and will soon have two 349s.  Of course, all will be modified to increase braking capacity.  I may have to seriously consider retiring those 9/0s that I have.
I used to be in a constant state of improvement.  Now I'm in a constant state of renovation.

Bryan Young

Albert, you may want to tighten up the drags to 15#ish and tie your line to your bumper and ask your wife to pull away slowly for 50 yards. That should push out the excess grease and seat the drags, like setting your car breaks.
:D I talk with every part I send out and each reel I repair so that they perform at the top of their game. :D

Makule

Quote from: Bryan Young on June 27, 2012, 05:39:49 AM
Albert, you may want to tighten up the drags to 15#ish and tie your line to your bumper and ask your wife to pull away slowly for 50 yards. That should push out the excess grease and seat the drags, like setting your car breaks.

You're suggesting I trust my wife's driving with my (now favorite) reel.  Yes, I understand you are not aware of how my wife drives.  Think I'll just let the fish do the seating for me.  Will be more fun.
I used to be in a constant state of improvement.  Now I'm in a constant state of renovation.

Bill B

I've been known to tie off to one of my kids and send them screaming down the block to test the drags...or maybe not...depends if CPS is reading this blog or not ;D
It may not be very productive,
but it's sure going to be interesting!

Makule

Quote from: TARFU on July 07, 2012, 12:58:32 AM
I've been known to tie off to one of my kids and send them screaming down the block to test the drags...or maybe not...depends if CPS is reading this blog or not ;D

I don't have any kids (that I know of), nor dog, or other "convenient" source of pull, so I'll just stick with some fish.

Makule

The very thin CF washers used to put together the 1+7 set is a bit tricky since the slots in the main gear don't go all the way down.  As mentioned elsewhere, I've addressed this by grinding the slots deeper so that they go all the way down the bored section.  Doesn't need to go quite that far, but easier to do that that than to try to get it just right (and there's no advantage anyway).  Shown below is an image of the ground slot.  Used the Dremel with a 1/8" carbide cutter.