Microlite

Started by basenjib123, April 07, 2020, 10:53:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

basenjib123

How do you reverse the handle on a Microlite?  Thanks,  Joe.

foakes

Just unscrew the crank axle by rotating the handle backwards -- pop off the cover cap on the opposite side -- swap -- screw the crank axle onto the other side -- replace the cover cap on the opposite side -- done.

Best, Fred
The Official, Un-Authorized Service and Restoration Center for quality vintage spinning reels.

D-A-M Quick, Penn, Mitchell, and ABU/Zebco Cardinals

--------

The first rule of fishing is to fish where the fish are. The second rule of fishing is to never forget the first rule.

"Enjoy the little things in Life — For someday, you may look back — and realize that they were the big things"
                                                     Fred O.

basenjib123

I thought that was how it was done but I couldn't get it budge!  ;D  Guess I need to soak in more in PB Blaster.  Thanks again Fred.

foakes

Joe --

If you keep spraying that poor little reel with PB Blaster -- it may disintegrate before the sun comes up tomorrow!

😄😄😄 

Hold the rotor -- then reverse the crank with some force -- it will come loose.

Best, Fred
The Official, Un-Authorized Service and Restoration Center for quality vintage spinning reels.

D-A-M Quick, Penn, Mitchell, and ABU/Zebco Cardinals

--------

The first rule of fishing is to fish where the fish are. The second rule of fishing is to never forget the first rule.

"Enjoy the little things in Life — For someday, you may look back — and realize that they were the big things"
                                                     Fred O.

basenjib123

;D  I got it Fred ... didn't have to spray it too much more.