Penn 113H dog spring

Started by john2244, December 02, 2011, 08:01:31 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

john2244

Other than the standard dog spring, is there a heavier dog spring available for the Penn 113H ???
Thanks for your help.
John

Alto Mare

I'm sure you could find one, I just don't think that it is needed. The functionately of the spring is to keep the tension on the dog, it doesn't make the dog itself any stronger. I believe that the stack springs are fine.
Forget about all the reasons why something may not work. You only need to find one good reason why it will.

Norcal Pescador

Quote from: Alto Mare on December 02, 2011, 10:25:09 AM
I'm sure you could find one, I just don't think that it is needed. The functionately of the spring is to keep the tension on the dog, it doesn't make the dog itself any stronger. I believe that the stack springs are fine.
ditto
Rob

Measure once, cut twice. Or is it the other way around? ::)

"A good man knows his limits." - Inspector Harry Callahan, SFPD

Keta

I don't see the need for a stronger dog spring but I've put Shamano springs in Penn reels when the original one went flying.
Hi, my name is Lee and I have a fishing gear problem.

I have all of the answers, yup, no, maybe.

A man who carries a cat by the tail learns something he can learn in no other way.
Mark Twain

alantani

if you double the dog spring tension, you double the rate at which the soft brass dog will wear out.   honestly, it would take forever normally, but that's half of forever with the double tension.  if a customer so requests, it is easy to simply add a second dog spring.  it makes the dog a little noisier, but that's about all.
send me an email at alantani@yahoo.com for questions!