Desperate need of a Microlite 265 part..

Started by basenjib123, April 10, 2020, 04:09:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

basenjib123

I know this is a long shot but does anyone happen to have a "Roller For Slide" part #43?  It sits on the pin of the "Worm Wheel" part #25??.   Got this great little reel together only to realize something felt off.  Finally determined that this little roller is missing!!!  :-[  Thanks, Joe.

foakes

Hi Joe --

Got a new oscillation slide roller for you.

Send me your full mailing information so I don't have to look it up.

I generally find the missing slide rollers in my grease cup, on a grease rag, attached to the oscillation slide slot, or loose in the case.

They mostly resurface when I put my reading glasses on...

N/C.

Best, Fred
The Official, Un-Authorized Service and Restoration Center for quality vintage spinning reels.

D-A-M Quick, Penn, Mitchell, and ABU/Zebco Cardinals

--------

The first rule of fishing is to fish where the fish are. The second rule of fishing is to never forget the first rule.

"Enjoy the little things in Life — For someday, you may look back — and realize that they were the big things"
                                                     Fred O.

basenjib123

You're a life saver Fred!!...I have a feeling it was lost by the previous owner because the reel feel odd before I disassembled it.  I sent you my address...thanks again!  Happy Easter and God Bless.

foakes

If I go to the PO today -- I will drop it in the mail.  If not, it will be next week.

We live a 2-hour round trip from the nearest town with services.

So, up at 05:00 this morning -- left for a supply run to a couple of grocery stores.  Spent $400 for a cart and a half of food for the next 30 days.  Already had plenty in the freezer, fridge, and pantry -- but it never hurts to be a little more prepared.

Back home at 09:00 -- all foraging done -- everything stored away.  I will be sorting reel parts into numbered envelopes.  Hope to get the Penn stuff done today & over the weekend.  Then on to the latest acquisition of ABU stuff, rest of the DQ, and still need to do the Mitchell additions.  One brand at a time.

Sue is cooking a pork shoulder blade roast with onion soup and cranberries in the crock pot.

So that, along with fresh yams, fresh broccoli, a root beer for me and a glass of wine for Sue will be dinner and a movie tonight.  Plus, maybe a scoop or two of strawberry ice cream from the Superior Dairy in Hanford, CA.

Best, Fred
The Official, Un-Authorized Service and Restoration Center for quality vintage spinning reels.

--------

The first rule of fishing is to fish where the fish are. The second rule of fishing is to never forget the first rule.

"Enjoy the little things in Life — For someday, you may look back — and realize that they were the big things"
                                                     Fred O.

foakes

It has been mailed from the post office today, Joe --

Best, Fred

--------

Fred O.

scrinch

Fred, you're one of the most generous people I know.