New washers for under main gears

Started by CooldadE, December 03, 2011, 08:17:20 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

CooldadE

Is there a list on site of the HT-100 washers to use under the  main gears of the common Penn reels ?
I would rather be judged by 12 than carried by 6...

Norcal Pescador

Rob

Measure once, cut twice. Or is it the other way around? ::)

"A good man knows his limits." - Inspector Harry Callahan, SFPD

CooldadE

Thanks for the reply. I found that list but without the ability to measure the disk onder the main gear I can't cross reference the corect HT-100 disk. Spacificly I would like to know the part # for the Jigmaster, 113H, Squidder and 114H. That prob covers most sleeve / main gear sizes.

Keta

Quote from: CooldadE on December 03, 2011, 06:00:55 PM
Thanks for the reply. I found that list but without the ability to measure the disk onder the main gear I can't cross reference the corect HT-100 disk. Spacificly I would like to know the part # for the Jigmaster, 113H, Squidder and 114H. That prob covers most sleeve / main gear sizes.

Use a 6-113 or 6-60.  The 6-113 is thicker than the 6-60 but the same ID and OD.
Hi, my name is Lee and I have a fishing gear problem.

I have all of the answers, yup, no, maybe.

A man who carries a cat by the tail learns something he can learn in no other way.
Mark Twain

alantani

for the reels "jigmaster" sized drive shaft (gear sleeve), you can use the thinner penn ht-100 #6-60, but it tends to get flattened out so much that it looks like a thin piece of paper after a while. 

the penn ht-100 #6-113 has the same inside and outside dimensions, but it is thicker.  this drag washer has a single layer of fiberglass that is sandwiched between two layers of thin carbon fiber material.  the result is a drag washer that performs well underneath the main gear, but sometimes creates spacing problems because it is too thick. 

the best solution i've found is to use the carbontex drag washer from smoothdrag.com.  dawn has a washer for her newell 200/300 series that goes under the main gear.  it is a higher quality material with a tighter weave that does not get crushed so easily.  i order them 20-30 at a time, which reminds me, i need to order some more.  that is the best solution. 

for the drag washer under the main gear of a 4/0 penn senator 113h, the best one again is the carbontex drag washer.  you can also use a regular penn ht-100 #6-113h (the same as the ones inside the main gear) or the smaller #6-875 which is 40 cents less. i use the #6-875, but then i am not trying to order drag washers one at a time. 

for the 6/0 penn senator 114 and 114hl, i do not see a smoothdrag carbontex option, so your best and only option is the penn ht-100 #6-114.  it works fine. 
send me an email at alantani@yahoo.com for questions!

Keta

??? Someone ??? left me a pile of drag washers that are 113H size in the back seat of my son's jeep.  Some are softer without the fiberglass center, the stiffer ones must be from SmoOoth Drag.  The fiberglass makes the SmoOoth Drag ones easier to resize the OD on my belt sander.

I'll have to add the washers you recomend when I get around to making my next order with Dawn.

A man who carries a cat by the tail learns something he can learn in no other way.
Mark Twain

alantani

those single layer drag washers are probable #6-320's.  they have the same inside and outside diameters as the #6-113h, but they have a single layer with no fiberglass core.  those will crush just like the #6-60's.
send me an email at alantani@yahoo.com for questions!

Keta

Thanks for the info, I will use the thicker ones until I make the order.

Mark Twain

CooldadE