DHU FISH from Western Australia

Started by basto, April 20, 2020, 01:46:38 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sharkb8

In summer time here they catch them at the coorong and the dog fence beach this time of the year we catch them in the port river ,usely I use live baits and have got them on hard body lures as well.

Kim

whalebreath

Been watching a few vids from this rock climber who lives in Albany and fishes some Very Steep cliffs-Dhufish are a common catch.

Donnyboat

Yes thanks Whalebreath, they also get the Western blue groper down along the South coast, very nice fish to eat, when I was diving, we used to shoot them, but divers are not aloud to take them now, they were that easy to shoot, when diving you dont try to staulk them, you may see one go into a cave, so you lay your spear gun on the ground, then start sturing up the bottom, & tap your led weights or knife on your diving tank, they come back out the cave, then start swimming around you in circles, every time they go around they come in a bit closer, you eventual shoot them about 6 inches of the end of you spear, but the Dhu fish wont do that, cheers Don.
Don, or donnyboat

Donnyboat

Okay I have had more time to look at the video now, what some people will do for a feed, the Cod that he was catching, were Braeksea cod, they have black bum, hence black ars cod, they are really good eating, & get up to about 80 Cm, the queen snapper he caught, are from the morwong family, the queenies have some dark meat behind the head, cut that out, then the rest of the fish is not bad eating, also what I said about the Western Blur Groper, some of them are blue & others are green, not sure if one is a male & the other ?, cheers Don.
Don, or donnyboat