Jigmaster 500 Newell Kit swapped onto a Squidder 140

Started by Brandon G, April 25, 2020, 06:21:03 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Brandon G

I found a cheap 500 with a newell kit on Ebay, and I was wondering if I could take that and throw it on my Squidder.
I looked at the  frame posts and they use the same ones, so I figure the Newell kit would be the same, but I want to make sure.

Am I missing something?
Tight Lines :)

Gfish

Fishing tackle is an art form and all fish caught on the right tackle are"Gfish"!

Brandon G

Quote from: Gfish on April 25, 2020, 06:31:49 AM
What size Squidder?

Dang, I always leave out the important details.

It is a 140.

I was also thinking of getting that 500 and taking the right side plate and throwing it on my pristine 99.
I got lost in the mega thread about 99'd 500s, and I'll probably go through it again soon, but  I was hoping it would be as easy as putting the side plate on lol
Tight Lines :)

mhc

Quote from: W1R3T4Penn on April 25, 2020, 06:21:03 AM
I found a cheap 500 with a newell kit on Ebay, and I was wondering if I could take that and throw it on my Squidder.
I looked at the  frame posts and they use the same ones, so I figure the Newell kit would be the same, but I want to make sure.

Am I missing something?

The stand will fit but the spacer bars for a jigmaster won't fit a squidder. The posts are the same length but spaced differently on the side plates - the squidder post screw holes are further apart so the newell spacer bars for a jigmaster are narrower than those for the squidder, surfmaster and monofill side plates. 

Quote from: W1R3T4Penn on April 25, 2020, 06:35:20 AM
I was also thinking of getting that 500 and taking the right side plate and throwing it on my pristine 99.
I got lost in the mega thread about 99'd 500s, and I'll probably go through it again soon, but  I was hoping it would be as easy as putting the side plate on lol

The right side 'quick release' jigmaster side plate should fit the silver beach 99 - sometimes they can be bit tight with the locking screw or location pins but you can get that with different aged jigmasters as well.
Have fun
Mike
It can't be too difficult - a lot of people do it.