Daiwa TANACOM BULL 1000 Power Assist Reel

Started by El Pescador, May 02, 2020, 02:04:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

El Pescador

Don asked me to post this information on the TANACOM BULL 1000 Power Assist Reel.  

So Don, here you go:

Hi Wayne, not sure but you may be able to place this on the forum, maybe under schematics, or in the Daiwa section, it may help someone,
I am about to open Pats reel, as I gave it a good workout on a 3 M shark the other day, till he decided he needed the hook more than me,
the drag was a bit jerky, so I will place CF washers in it, & maybe service the motor, once I have it open,
they say the Tanacon 750,the bull 1000, & the tanacom 1000 are all the same internally, I think the Bull just has slightly different gearing, keep well, stay safe, cheers Don.

Here is the BEAST he is speaking of:

Here's the reel specs

Don provided the schematic.

I pulled this down from the Daiwa Reel Website:

https://www.daiwa.com/manual/electric-reel/british/__icsFiles/afieldfile/2017/09/01/TB-1000British.pdf

Thanks Don,

Wayne

Never let the skinny guys make the sandwiches!!  NEVER!!!!

Crow

There's nothing wrong with a few "F's" on your record....Food, Fun, Flowers, Fishing, Friends, and Fun....to name just a few !

Donnyboat

Thanks Wayne, I have 80Lbs 4 strand braid on Pat`s reel, think it took 5 to 6 hundred M, but some one with a line counter, on there line loading devise would have more idea.
     I think you can use a setting on the reel computer, so it will count the line as it feeds onto the reel, then reset it  after.
     I find, when you dont have a wire trace above the hook, you get the sharks up near the top, then they start the head shake, & soon saw through the line.
     When I first hooked it, it stayed on the bottom, must been going around in circles,I thought I had a ray on, then I started to leaver it up with the rod, the  reel started to kick in on the action, ay, he was pretty green, when I first had him with in 3 M then he would take about 14 M of line, that happened 4 or 5 times, then the head shake, was a bit of fun all the same, but the drag was a bit jurky so I will place some CF washer in it, stay safe, keep well, cheers Don.
Don, or donnyboat

xaf

I believe the Tanacom Bull 1000 was the original Japanese version of the Tanacom 1000.  I'm not sure if it is geared different but I believe it had a metal case while the American version is plastic.  The reel works well but the cord is terrible.  Everyone I know that uses them carries at least one spare cord in case the cord quits working.