hi from the UK

Started by piscatorUK, December 05, 2011, 10:37:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

piscatorUK

many thanks for this site I googled Penn 330 gti and found you and successfully stripped and rebuilt it this afternoon using your pics. It now works whereas last time I fished the freespool was sticking. I cleaned off the old grease in petrol and relubed and my old reel is fine. Need to do the same for the 245 LD now (or was it 225 hmm I'll go look)

thanks

Alto Mare

Hello piscatorUK.
We have a couple of piscas here also, from the western side of the state, norcal pescador and pescachaser. They get a little crazy every now and then, but don't let that fool you...they're as sharp as a Gamakatsu hook. Welcome and enjoy your stay. Sal
Forget about all the reasons why something may not work. You only need to find one good reason why it will.

Norcal Pescador

Quote from: Alto Mare on December 05, 2011, 11:00:58 PM
Hello piscatorUK.
We have a couple of piscas here also, from the western side of the state, pascador and pescachaser. They get a little crazy every now and then, but don't let that fool you...they're as sharp as a Gamakatsu hook. Welcome and enjoy your stay. Sal

Hey Sal, what am I - sharp as a broken hook? ;D

Welcome aboard from Northern California, piscatorUK. After a while, you won't even need tutorials and you'll amaze your fishing mates! :)
Rob
Rob

Measure once, cut twice. Or is it the other way around? ::)

"A good man knows his limits." - Inspector Harry Callahan, SFPD

Irish Jigger

Welcome piscatorUK from a member a little closer to home. Some great info and help here.

conchydong

Welcome. Where abouts are you from in the UK?

Nessie Hunter

Welcome aboard......     ;D
"Life is not a journey to the grave with the intentions of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body. But rather to slide in sideways, thoroughly used up, totally worn out and loudly proclaiming....
WOW!!! WHAT A RIDE!

Dominick

Quote from: Alto Mare on December 05, 2011, 11:00:58 PM
Hello piscatorUK.
We have a couple of piscas here also, from the western side of the state, norcal pescador and pescachaser. They get a little crazy every now and then, but don't let that fool you...they're as sharp as a Gamakatsu hook. Welcome and enjoy your stay. Sal

Welcome aboard piscatorUK: I really am sharp as a ringed Owner hook.  Those suckers are so sharp I hate to touch them, but they will bite into fish lips.  Dominick
Leave the gun.  Take the cannolis.

There are two things I don't like about fishing.  Getting up early in the morning and boats.  The rest of it is fun.

redsetta

Welcome from the antipodes piscator - hope you enjoy your stay!
All the best, Justin
Fortitudine vincimus - By endurance we conquer

alantani

send me an email at alantani@yahoo.com for questions!

Bryan Young

Hello piscatorUK.  Welcome.
:D I talk with every part I send out and each reel I repair so that they perform at the top of their game. :D

Paleoreelist

Welcome aboard mate, I'm UK to :)
The best day to go fishing is any day that ends in a Y.

piscatorUK

I am from East Sussex on the English channel coast near Hastings, mainly a kayak fisher these days though we can only envy the conditions some of you people from warmer climates fish in. Drysuits all year round for me! I belong to a UK kayak forum anglersafloat.co.uk and I posted about this site there as I found it so useful .

Keta

Quote from: piscatorUK on December 06, 2011, 02:43:11 PM
I am from East Sussex on the English channel coast near Hastings, mainly a kayak fisher these days though we can only envy the conditions some of you people from warmer climates fish in. Drysuits all year round for me! I belong to a UK kayak forum anglersafloat.co.uk and I posted about this site there as I found it so useful .

Hi.

Some of us are seeing 7°F-10°F in the morning.....it's hard to kayak on ice.  What do you catch?
Hi, my name is Lee and I have a fishing gear problem.

I have all of the answers, yup, no, maybe.

A man who carries a cat by the tail learns something he can learn in no other way.
Mark Twain

kamuwela