Penn 349H

Started by handi2, May 16, 2020, 11:36:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

handi2

I purchased one of Tom's beautiful red frames for the 349H reel. I lost out on a mint reel on the auction site.

Once I have a reel acquired what other parts do I need? SS Dog from Lee? Dawns drag kit I have have. Offset handle blank and knob. Drag star?

Thanks a bunch,

Keith
OCD Reel Service & Repair
Gulf Breeze, FL

Alto Mare

Keith, it makes me so happy seeing you on here, I hope you're doing good.
I think you have everything covered for that reel.
Did you purchase just the frame or plates as well?
Tom was selling the full kit, but no spool. I purchased one from him and to me it is one of the best kit out there.
If you get jammed with anything, send me a pm.
All my best,

Sal
Forget about all the reasons why something may not work. You only need to find one good reason why it will.

Swami805

I have a nib 349h if you're looking for a clean one. It's says H on the box but not on the reel but the gear ratio is right for an H, 3 1/4-1.
Do what you can with that you have where you are

Vintage Offshore Tackle

Keith, shoot me a PM if you might want to buy a Newell spool for your 349H.  That reel of Sheridan's looks like a beauty!

Swami805

Dang Randy,The spool is the hard to find part. Motive fab was making a drag insert kit, don't know if he has any
Do what you can with that you have where you are

handi2

Quote from: Swami805 on May 17, 2020, 01:12:57 AM
I have a nib 349h if you're looking for a clean one. It's says H on the box but not on the reel but the gear ratio is right for an H, 3 1/4-1.

I apologize for not checking this post sooner. I would love to buy that reel.

Just PM me and we can it settled.

Keith Rawson
Gulf Breeze, FL

handi2

Quote from: Alto Mare on May 17, 2020, 12:43:29 AM
Keith, it makes me so happy seeing you on here, I hope you're doing good.
I think you have everything covered for that reel.
Did you purchase just the frame or plates as well?
Tom was selling the full kit, but no spool. I purchased one from him and to me it is one of the best kit out there.
If you get jammed with anything, send me a pm.
All my best,

Sal

Thank you Sal for the kind words. My right foot got so bad they cut my leg off below the knee. Now the muscle spasms have almost gone allowing my to sleep all night. Before I slept 2 hours at a time on a good night.

Transferring to my bed, shower, truck, and toilet is very hard. When I had my leg it supported my upper leg and kept it from dropping. Now when I lift and turn to transfer my upper right leg falls down getting in the way. I have to learn all over again.

I did buy the whole kit with sideplates but no spool. Don't they come with steel or SS gears?

I will need the offset handle blank and a larger drag star. I want to put all the goodies in and on this reel.

Best,

Keith
Gulf Breeze, FL