Shimano TR 200-G

Started by retiredandfishing, June 04, 2020, 08:37:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

retiredandfishing

Have a customer who would like the level wind removed from a Shimano TR 200-G.  Which isn't a problem.  But, he would like a solid bar put in, in place of the worm screw and worm screw cover.  Wondering anyone would know of another reel that might have a solid bar to fit. I could then order that bar and retro fit his reel.  Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Steve

oc1

There are bars made for that modification in ABU Ambassadeurs.  I suspect that finding one just the right size is unlikely though.  You may find stainless or aluminum tubing that is the right diameter if you can cut and find a way to mount it.

Or, just remove the carriage and worm but leave the LW cover there.
-steve

boon

Unless they're particularly attached to that reel, it seems like a lot of effort (and hence money?) to invest in what is effectively Shimano's bottom of the stack reel.

retiredandfishing

Thanks for the input.  I agree, but I told the customer I would see if I could find anything.  I don't think it's worth it either. 

Steve

Bryan Young

What is the length you need. I have used Penn frame bars before and have found them down to fit.
:D I talk with every part I send out and each reel I repair so that they perform at the top of their game. :D

boon

Quote from: retiredandfishing on June 06, 2020, 12:54:35 AM
Thanks for the input.  I agree, but I told the customer I would see if I could find anything.  I don't think it's worth it either. 

Steve

Sell them a used TLD15 and tell them you upgraded it to lever drag while you were working on it  ;D