Daiwa ryoga slpw

Started by Anjoemara, June 14, 2020, 08:18:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Anjoemara

New Daiwa ryoga 1016 slpw. What makes the Reel so special

alantani

not sure, but i'm certain that daiwa is very proud of it!!!!!   ;D
send me an email at alantani@yahoo.com for questions!

Anjoemara

Thanks. I Dont know whats slp works means.?

foakes

Quote from: Anjoemara on June 14, 2020, 03:31:40 PM

I think in Daiwa-Land -- SLP denotes a reel designed for a slow pitch bait presentation -- W is just for works.

This is on a few of their modern reels.

Best,

Fred
The Official, Un-Authorized Service and Restoration Center for quality vintage spinning reels.

D-A-M Quick, Penn, Mitchell, and ABU/Zebco Cardinals

--------

The first rule of fishing is to fish where the fish are. The second rule of fishing is to never forget the first rule.

"Enjoy the little things in Life — For someday, you may look back — and realize that they were the big things"
                                                     Fred O.

tincanary

Quote from: foakes on June 14, 2020, 03:51:36 PM
Quote from: Anjoemara on June 14, 2020, 03:31:40 PM

I think in Daiwa-Land -- SLP denotes a reel designed for a slow pitch bait presentation -- W is just for works.

This is on a few of their modern reels.

Best,

Fred

SLP Works is Daiwa's performance division.  It's an abbreviation for Sports Life Planet.  They sell all sorts of performance parts for the Daiwa reels such as spools, handles, bearings, and lighter weight parts.

Cor

It seems to refer to after market parts, either performance or decorative to differentiate a reel.   I just googled it and found this name is not specific to Daiwa, one site also offers SLP parts for Shimano.

Het is een bemarkings strategie om wat meer te verdienen vermoed ik, meer vis vang je niet met een mooie paarse kleur! ;D ;D
Cornelis

tincanary

Quote from: Cor on September 04, 2020, 08:04:41 PM
It seems to refer to after market parts, either performance or decorative to differentiate a reel.   I just googled it and found this name is not specific to Daiwa, one site also offers SLP parts for Shimano.

Het is een bemarkings strategie om wat meer te verdienen vermoed ik, meer vis vang je niet met een mooie paarse kleur! ;D ;D

I have one of their shallow spools for a Daiwa Alphas of mine.  It's my favorite trout reel.  The fly fishermen look at me like I'm from another world when they see me out there using a baitcaster lol.